Starcraft owner finally? Yes!

North Beach

Commander
Re: Starcraft owner finally? Yes!

Thanks again North Beach, I am just trying to figure out how much epoxy I will need for my deck.

So one gallon of A and a half gallon of B should be plenty for my 18'?

Jeff.

Should be enough:D now get to work!

PaulyV

Chief Petty Officer

Hey WVMedic..wondering how the restore is coming along? That is a sharp looking rig with that bimini cover it looks gangsta!! Hope things are going well.

wvmedic

Chief Petty Officer

Hey Pauly, thanks for asking. Unfortunately it is going slow, I am in the process of gathering parts for now. The weather here is cold and I have no access to a garage locally, so when it warms up I will get started. I think I will still bring it to the G2G, even if I don?t get much done to it other than changing the running gear. I am going to put the 1985 140 that I took out of the sea ray in the SS. The 120 has sort of chatter above 3000 RPM, I also blew the port trim cylinder on the last trip out. The cost to replace the cylinder V/S switching running gear just isn?t worth buying another cylinder.

Jeff

sprintst

Commander

Hey VW... Just read about the health issues with the wife. My 67 y/o father in law had a quadruple bypass last year and was back at his business lifting granite after a couple of months.

Hopefully it is nothing serious but either way we will be praying for your family. Keep your chin up big guy.

wvmedic

Chief Petty Officer

sprintst, thanks for the prayers. She is doing well now, she went to see the family Dr. today. He said no more diuretics for her, he had put her on a mild diuretic due to a blood pressure problem. In doing so her potassium dropped way to low, which is what caused the problem. So thank God she is better.

Jeff

sprintst

Commander

Good news is right. Hopefully it warms up a bit more so we can all keep moving along :)

wvmedic

Chief Petty Officer

Well it is with a heavy heart to say I had to sell the SS, I had to use the cash on the purchase of our new place. I'm considering a 14' tiller for now, although I might just hold out for another SS.

One problem is, the place we just bought is a mobile home and it is in a park. So the parking situation is not so good, I had to park the SS away from our lot and it was under some sycamore trees, the cover stayed black.

It also was in a poor spot to work on and a pain to get out when we wanted to use it. If they would allow me to put up a metal carport and keep a boat there with my truck in the driveway it would be great.

Jeff

fshngho

Lieutenant

Family always comes first Jeff. There will be another project out here when you are ready:D Keep the faith my friend.

wvmedic

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks fshngho, I'm sure there will be another project. I did sell the SS to my nephew though, it still almost brought a tear to my eye.

Jeff

fshngho

Lieutenant

Jeff I wouldn't assume to speak for everyone else, but I like to think this group of addictive, loveable, laughable, committed, (or should be) nuts are as bad as the Marines. Once you are in the group, you never, ever can leave. As one of my favorite characters ( Crocodile DunDee) said, "all of us, we be mates":D

brobrad

Petty Officer 1st Class

First and foremost i hope your wife does well with the health issues. My family will put you in our prayers.

It is definately on the downside to have to part with the boat, but it is just "stuff" and we will only posses it for a little while. Hopefully you'll be able get another one going soon.

Take Care!:)

Huron Angler

Admiral

Jeff I'm sorry to hear she had to be sold...but at least she is still in the family. I'm sure when the time is right another tin can will be acquired(still got plenty here in Michigan if you want to make the trip again;)).

BTW your lfetime dues have been paid(thank Cheap Boat Kev) so you are in good standing with the cult:D

Mike

bananaboater

Ensign

Hey Jeff, Best as you all get better.

You can live the SC life (addiction) in the virtual world just by checking in on us.:)

See you around.

Albert

wvmedic

Chief Petty Officer

Guy's thanks for the well wishes, and thank goodness for the life membership.

Jeff

wvmedic

Chief Petty Officer

Well, I am back in the Starcraft world. I bought our SS back tonight for a whopping $200.00, my BIL is pulling it home for me tomorrow. He said it is dirty inside and that the gas tank was on the ground but he put it back in the boat. Not sure what the nephew has done to it, or if it even runs now. The important thing is that it is coming home.

Jeff

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Welcome back to the land of tin hats, medic. :D Hope the family is well. And you know we need some pics to see how the SS fared during her absence. Glad you're back.

wvmedic

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks GA, family is great thanks. The SS not sure about just yet, the nephew might have been a little ruff on her. Though if she still runs and no hole in the hull, all will be well. I was going to somewhat restore it when we first bought it anyway so no harm.

Jeff

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Well howdy stranger!!!!
Nice to see you again old friend.

wvmedic

Chief Petty Officer

Hey Kevin, how are you and the Wife?

Jeff