why does everything happen to me?

soaringhiggy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: why does everything happen to me?

stupid question, you did open the vent on the tank?

pmat1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Or close it?

coolguy147

Commander

stupid question, you did open the vent on the tank?

stupid question did u read the other posts?

i have a pressure tank which is yes in great working condition

pressure tank acts as a fuel pump using pressure from the crankcase to supply air pressure to push the fuel to the carb.

soaringhiggy

Petty Officer 2nd Class

No, I guess that I did not read it close enough, however, the stupid question remark was not indented to you, it was as it stated just a question that was basic, no offense meant.

pmat1

Petty Officer 1st Class

i have a pressure tank which is yes in great working condition

pressure tank acts as a fuel pump using pressure from the crankcase to supply air pressure to push the fuel to the carb.

There also has to be another vent on the tank, as when the gas expends when boat is not in use, it will push gas out the carb and pressureize the crankcase.

I have never delt with a pressureized gas tank system, but this only makes sence to me.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

There also has to be another vent on the tank, as when the gas expends when boat is not in use, it will push gas out the carb and pressureize the crankcase.

no so, the pressure fills the carbs, float needle stops flow. the tank and hose is a sealed system.

coolguy147

Commander

lol i didnt want it to be mean sorry :D

well there is an emergency vent on the motor its a vent opens when the tank becomes about 7psi it opens. and when i turn the motor off the motor stops putting pressure in there now im not sure about it but so far so good no leaks when off just make sure u have good fuel and air lines clean carb good needle and seat and float i guess

coolguy147

Commander

no so, the pressure fills the carbs, float needle stops flow. the tank and hose is a sealed system.

ya what this guy saids^:)

gonna get my parts today hopely