Please Help Identify This Old Lone Star

antichris83

Cadet
Hello guys and gals. I just got this boat for free and I will start the restoration next week. This is my first boat, and of course, my first boat resto. The title says it is a 1962 Lone Star, but that is it. I have looked everywhere on the interwebs with no luck finding anything like it. I just want some info on this boat if that is possible. Thanks for any help you can give me, and I will be posting the restoration pics as I go.

-Chris

Here are the pics of me picking it up. (not my house, i live two hours away)

3815875959_21ee5d7093.jpg

3815876067_296c320738.jpg

3816688976_cf532ce03d.jpg

3816689132_7407239a19.jpg

highN'dry

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Please Help Identify This Old Lone Star

Looks like a 1962 Lone Star.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

I could not access your photos. However: Since Chrysler bought Lone Star boats in the early to mid 60s, go over to The Chrysler Crew and ask. Someone there may be able to help

woosterken

Lieutenant

down at the bottom of the main forum boats are listed alphbetical
check in the lone star group

woosterken

fred_csprings

Recruit

Join the Lone Star group at Yahoo (Search for Lonestarboat under group) and you should be able to get the answer you are looking for and some ideas on your restoration. Good Luck

antichris83

Cadet

thanks for the help guys. I am very glad i found the best boating community on the web.

Lion hunter

Lieutenant Commander

Wow! How do you find something like that for free? Like finding a bag of money on the ground. Does the motor run? Can't beat an old tinnie for a restore. They are the simplest things.

antichris83

Cadet

Wow! How do you find something like that for free? Like finding a bag of money on the ground. Does the motor run? Can't beat an old tinnie for a restore. They are the simplest things.

It was my wife's granddad's and he gave it to her brother. He gave it to us. Turns out it is a Lone Star Holiday (funny what reading the dash plate will tell ya). The motor runs great and the boat is lake ready. I have been on the water in it when my brother in law owned it. More good news is that it fits inside my two car garage (barely with my woodworking tools in there)

hildi

Recruit

Hi,
My dad has a 1957 Lone Star Caribbean Cruiser (fins, etc. Mercury motor). He's trying to decide if he can sell it. It runs great still. Any tips?
Hildi

hildi

Recruit
1957 Lone Star, green, fins, mercury motor

1957 Lone Star, green, fins, mercury motor

Hi,
My dad has a 1957 Lone Star Caribbean Cruiser (fins, etc. Mercury motor). He's trying to decide if he can sell it. It runs great still. Any tips?
Hildi

Lion hunter

Lieutenant Commander

Hildi,
It's best to start your own thread on this subject.
I have known people to buy pet rocks, so yes he can sell it.