1963 Sea Scamp new owner in need of Help!

I just aquired a 14' sea scamp and was wondering if anyone had information on the specifications associated with it. My father in-law is donating a 20 hp 1973 Mercury OB to my cause and according to the my calculations this size motor is within the limits of my boat. Any insight?

Thanks for your help

Rickairmedic

Commander
Re: 1963 Sea Scamp new owner in need of Help!

WV welcome to iboats and as soon as we see pics :D the Starcraft club . Give me a few minutes and I will see what I can pull up on your boat.

Rick

Rickairmedic

Commander

OK heres what I have for ya your boat was rated for up to 15 HP and weighs 142 pounds from the factory :D. Let me know if you need any other info.

Rick

Great info! Thanks for the info. Do you think that it'll handle a 20 HP OB? My father in-law is passing down one of his motors and I can't pass on it. I'm sure that it's too much motor and I'll have to eventually get a larger boat but I'm hoping that the combination will work for the time being.

Rickairmedic

Commander

I dont think the extra 5HP will hurt anything and the 5 and 20 HP motors most likely weigh the same anyways so you should be fine with a 20 on it . I wouldnt go any bigger but 20HP should be ok .

Rick

Thanks again for the help. Any idea of the capacity of that boat? I came up with around 700 lbs from the USCG calculations and was wondering if that is within the ball park.

I'll probably be bothering you all again once I get working on restoring the boat after I get it from my dad. I'll get some pics uploaded also.