How do these seats attach?

lakelover

Rear Admiral
Real amateur question here.

I'm sort of formulating a seat plan. If this might work out, here's what I'm considering:

grey-red_0.jpg

( http://www.iboats.com/Premium_BigMa...5172057--**********.041013611--view_id.375047 )

Here's what I have now:

w-DSC_2019seatboards.jpg

I plan to replace the boards you see with new ones that have some support to the floor underneath, and hope to install 4 of these or similar seats back to back, if they will fit (or I'll make them fit) but I'm not sure of this plan because I don't know how the seats attach, or if there is a flat attachment bracket of some sort available. Glad I saved those side brackets when I was going wild tearing things apart!

:confused:

Rickairmedic

Commander
Re: How do these seats attach?

Lakelover theres several ways to mount those seats but for your purposes I would screw them from underneath to the boards that run across the boat .

Rick

oops!

Supreme Mariner

Lakelover theres several ways to mount those seats but for your purposes I would screw them from underneath to the boards that run across the boat .

Rick

x2

cheers
oops

henrye718

Petty Officer 1st Class

Most seats in that style have 4 pre drilled holes about 6" apart underneth. In your situation as mentioned above by someone else your screws would go through your material first then into the seat. You can not make new holes in those seats its like a honeycomb most likly with 4 solid areas where the holes are. I would get the seats before doing anything to make sure.

Lion hunter

Lieutenant Commander

Good luck hitting those holes drilling through the wood. You need the seat base, either swivel type with post or clamp on.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

you also need to add a 3/4 piece of plywood the size of the base, either between existing seat and swivel or swivel and base, as a spacer, or you will never get the mount bolts in. there just is not enough room. voice of experience.