Good brand of pop rivet tool?

lakelover

Rear Admiral
Can anyone recommend a good brand of pop riveting tool that's not too costly but not so cheap that I'll regret buying it? I saw a couple at NAPA, one was $12, one was $60. I figure I need to do some looking around. HD and Lowe's have them for around $15, I think.

Anyway, I'm looking for a brand recommendation. It looks like the ones with the swivel head might be a good idea?

Today I'm going to take pictures to document the transom setup and hope to get working on the floor, interior and transom soon. I have another vacation coming up next week though and will be away. It's a tough life.

Thanks.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Good brand of pop rivet tool?

I have a good brand snap on with a rotating head. You get what you pay for. Napa is decent, snap-op, mac...... I would give my business to who I trust in case there is a problem.

Rickairmedic

Commander

I am using an old heavy duty one I got from my neighbor who works for the gas & electric compny :D. I would recomend one from sears or Napa and make sure it has a warranty on it os that if it breaks it can be returned.

Rick

Deprime

Cadet

I have one of the Arrow swivel head rivet tools. Best rivet gun I've ever had, well made.

bitterboater

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have one of the Arrow swivel head rivet tools. Best rivet gun I've ever had, well made.

I too have the Arrow hand riveter, and it works very well. If you have an air compressor, try one from Northern Hydraulics. The air riveters at Harbor Freight tend to be on the more "economical" side shall we say.

Lion hunter

Lieutenant Commander

I have a Parker. You have to change the adaptors manually but it has always worked well.

ozzgood2001

Petty Officer 2nd Class

i have a few all less than 5 bucks a piece they break i toss em! yard sales!! the one i use now has interchangeable head for 1/8 and 3/16 rivets i think i paid 2 bucks for it 10 years ago!

thrillhouse700

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Arrow has been around for ever, I have one and its awesome. I also have a harbor freight pneumatic one when I was working for benz, this thing has never failed me in 4 years and I beat the **** out of it.

Joe_the_boatman

Chief Petty Officer

I did my whole boat with the Harbor Freight riveter. No regrets. It's a simple device, really. Not much to go wrong with it.