Found a 1973 Starcraft American

LonneyB

Cadet
Hey Gang ,New guy here and my first boat ...i found this with the trailer and the working Chrysler 105 for $500.00 Canadian ...I traded the 105 for a Merc 65 as it will suit the boat better and i found out it should only have an 85hp motor MAX.....so the 65 should do quite nicely ....the original windshield was replaced by this monstrosity and is now OFF the boat ...if i cant get a windshield i will have to maybe just fabricate something ....no holes in her and the floor seems solid xcept for 1 spot at the back ....the transom is still straight and strong ...so i have gutted the boat and have 2 new lounge seats for her coming and i will get the carpet next ....My dad is a bodyman by trade so he is gonna paint it up not sure what yet ...if i can find a windshield i will go original stripes and colors if i cant find a windshield i will go a custom scheme ....any observations or help is appreciated guys and gals....like i said this ismy first boat and im 39 years old and thought this was a super sexy hull ...thats why i bought it ...the hull of this boat just seems really nice and i love her lines ...I cant wait to get her done already!!!

Here are some pics of when i brought it home!
DSC04206.jpg

DSC04205.jpg

DSC04204.jpg

DSC04208.jpg

DSC04210.jpg

DSC04212.jpg

Rickairmedic

Commander
Re: Found a 1973 Starcraft American

Lonney looks like a real nice starting point . On the windshield keep an eye on evilbay EZ got a deal on one for his Jupiter $75.00 shipped as I recall. The windshield he got wasnt an original starcraft ( I actually think it was from a bayliner ) but it looks fantastic on his boat gives it a real sporty look and sets his Jupiter off from the rest of the Jupiters out there like mine or Andy's.

Rick

LonneyB

Cadet

Thats cool i thought as long as it was the same approx. width /curve/ length alot of those style would fit....Im off to evilbay!

Rickairmedic

Commander

Lonney Ezmobey just actually put up a thread here in the Starcraft forum where you can check out his boat and to see what it would look like with a factory type windshield for your year . On the main page of the forum there is a restoration forum and Andy just splashed his Jupiter same boat as EZ's just a little newer but has the factory style windshield on it . I love EZ's boat the windshield just makes it right :D.

Rick