Amelia Island Vacation pics

drewpster

Commander
We just got back from our yearly vacation at Amelia Island Florida. We had a great time and I thought I would share a few photos.

The Queen is ready to get back aboard her boat. (I wish)

DSC04476.jpg

This a Manatee just off our stern. There was a group of them in the area, including a baby! Once in a lifetime view. It was difficult just getting a shot of them. Unfortunately this is the best we could do. My wife and I were very happy to get a look at such a rare, endangered creature in the wild.
DSC04616.jpg

These are wild horses on Cumberland Island. They are descendants of horses brought to the Island by the Carnegie family when they lived on the island. When the horses became too old to work for the Carnegie's they were turned loose on the island. These are a few of the wild offspring. This is baby and I assume the mother.
DSC04570.jpg

Of course there is much more. This boat trip was a real highlight of the week we spent on Amelia Island. I have to hand it to Capt Carol of On the Water Adventures. She did a great job of showing us around!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Amelia Island Vacation pics

it is a beautiful area, and great water.

FBPirate95

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Amelia Island Vacation pics

Hey drewp....wish I knew you were here on the island I live, work and boat on Amelia Island. Small world I guess. Hopefully you enjoyed the area!