Need factory Service manual for J70ELCTE Johnson outboard

Big Bubba

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Hello everyone,
I am looking for a authorized factory service manual for a 1983, 70 horsepower Johnson model# J70ELCTE. I have a Seloc but want a good factory manual to do a lync an synchronization on my motor because of bogging stalling issues I am having and when I bought the motor last year I had to lengthen the rod between the throttle and the timing advance to get it to idle down below 2500 rpms and never got a lync and sync done on her and want to do it right, I did not adjust the rubber stop piece for the wide open throttle just the rod linkage along the right side of the motor between the throttle and timer advance piece that moves fore to aft when throttling up the motor with the remote control box up front. So ifone of you have one that you want to sale me or know of a good place to buy it, not Seloc/Clymer, then P.M. me and let me know. I am not having any luck finding one and even went on Ken Cooks web site to search for one but I am hoping one of you can help me out. Thanks again, Bob and guess where I am at Camp As Sayliyah, Qatar I am planning ahead til next year when I am done with my deployment in January 2010 in the military. Take care, Bob:)

d.boat

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Need factory Service manual for J70ELCTE Johnson outboard

You couldn't find one on Ken Cook? Weird. Try mastertechmarine.com I found one for an early 80s engine there, and have also found them on ebay (takes patience though).

Too bad it's not an '82 (CN); I have an OMC service manual that covers every '82 engine from 2 hp up through V6.