Help. Cannot find anything about this boat. 1989 Grumman

Sask-outty

Recruit
I stumbled accross the perfect boat for me and cannot find any info about it. The details I have are:

1989 18.5 ft grumman

seller lists it as a fish or ski boat

has a live well and 5 pedestal seats.

Its not that far away but i would like to be able to find out more about the boat before i drive 2 hours to go see it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here are the pics posted.
7965ian_20.jpeg

7905ik8_20.jpeg

The rapala on the side caught me off gaurd but I have looked at the image closely and you can see grumman in that dark spot on the hull in the one picture.. Thanks so much for taking the time.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: Help. Cannot find anything about this boat. 1989 Grumman

Looks like a great boat. Just so you're aware.....that motor is much older than '89.

Sask-outty

Recruit

how old do u figure that motor is?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Early 70's. Not that that's necessarily a problem. I'm running a '73 Johnson 85 and it's been a fine motor. It it turns out to be a '72 or older then you're looking at an electric shift model and that can be problematic.

Numlaar

Chief Petty Officer

Don't know about the boat, but I LOVE the deflector plate thingy attached to the trailer! LOL

Wonder what thats for? Wind resistance? Keep road debris from the tow vehicle hitting the boat??

Just very odd... I have to say I have never seen anything like it! :D

markk888

Cadet

Don't know about the boat, but I LOVE the deflector plate thingy attached to the trailer! LOL

Wonder what thats for? Wind resistance? Keep road debris from the tow vehicle hitting the boat??

Snow plow and/or maybe it bolts to the front of the boat for breaking ice.:D

Sask-outty

Recruit

Im not sure if your being sarcastic but you were right on for the road debris. Most of our lakes here are gotten to by miles upon miles of gravel. you see trailers like that every day here.

Numlaar

Chief Petty Officer

Im not sure if your being sarcastic but you were right on for the road debris. Most of our lakes here are gotten to by miles upon miles of gravel. you see trailers like that every day here.

Actually, yes, I was being sarcastic in a logical deduction kind of way...

I guess it makes sense! Just never ever seen anything like that on a boat trailer before...

then again, I haven't seen a gravel road since I don't know when either ;)

Learn something new every day! :D

Sask-outty

Recruit

Yeh. in my line of work, i rarely see paved roads lol. come up to Saskatchewan and you will see more gravel in one day then most do in a year haha.