Hood Rats are at it AGAIN!! Rant to Follow

ddrieck

Senior Chief Petty Officer
So....I have these hood rat neighbors that are nothing but trouble. Loud rap music till all hours, parties every night till all hours, people coming and going till all hours...I could go on and on.

So...tonight was the last straw, tried to make a run to the grocery store to get milk for the kids cereal in the morning. Walked out the front door and there are 3 strange cars parked in MY driveway. I walk next door and politly ask them to please move there cars out of MY driveway. The responce I get is exactly what I expected. We'll move them in a minute or we might not move them at all. So I respond with "no you need to move them now". I get the big FU middle finger and they all load up in a SUV and leave. The cars are still in my driveway and I'm Po'd at this point. I call the police and explain what is going on. They come over along with a couple tow trucks and now there are no extra cars in the driveway and a few of the hood rats are in the poky for drugs and minor consumption of alcohol. I just cant wait to see what the morning brings with these people.

OK done ranting

Bill Kilgore

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Hood Rats are at it AGAIN!! Rant to Follow

I admire your restraint, and the practical way you handled that situation.

windsors03cobra

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Damn, Casper Wyoming ?

Cant have peace no where anymo I guess, sounds like hell over there I hope they move out soon are you or they renters ?

ddrieck

We own our place and they are renters. So...I'm not going anywhere soon. The guy who owns the place next door is a slum lord. I guess he has about 15 properties and all have undesirables living in them....

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Next time, no warnings, just fire bombs.
Then call the police and report the incident, hmm officer... It must have been a rival gang.

rjlipscomb

Chief Petty Officer

Good job, that's the way to handle the situation. They will respond with something, just hold your course and let the law handle it. When they get the idea that you are serious and will take action, they'll move away (party not family) from you to somewhere that they can control the situation.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I could see me getting really ugly with those people in that situation..People would be hurt, probably me as well..But I am probably more tacticaly trained than the Hood rats..(double tap to the chest one to the head)

You did the right thing..I just wonder what these punks will do to your property, family, your person now that this has happened.

Take care
Best wishes to you and yours

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

I don't have hood rat neighbors, so this sort of thing isn't a problem for me. Then again, my neighbor would probably lend me his 12,000 pound John Deere tractor, with backhoe and bucket loader, if I asked nicely.

He has these really cool steel "pickles" that are about six feet long. They fit into sleeves on either side of the bucket, forming a pair of spears that would punch through the side of a car very nicely. With those mounted to the Deere, I would imagine that car removal would be pretty simple and fast.

It would be really fun to pull up on the other guy's lawn, toot the horn and say, "where did you say you wanted this car?"

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

This sounds like it has the potential to develop into something very nasty.

Wyoming seems to me like a state that would have pretty liberal defense of self and property laws. . .like Texas.

I would confer with local LEOs and maybe even a lawyer about what you can (and should) do when the scum try to punish you for being so square.

Blue Crabber

Ensign

This sounds like it has the potential to develop into something very nasty.

Wyoming seems to me like a state that would have pretty liberal defense of self and property laws. . .like Texas.

I would confer with local LEOs and maybe even a lawyer about what you can (and should) do when the scum try to punish you for being so square.

JB, my thoughts exactly!

If these people had the nerve to park 3 cars in your driveway and not move when asked, I would be careful. Especially now that the cars are impounded and some of them are in jail.

Number 1 priority is your family at this point. Keep them safe, lock all doors and windows and keep and eye on the neighbors at this point. Sadly, this is what it is coming to. Make sure you know what your rights are to do this. Use the LEO's to handle if possible but be ready to handle the situation yourself if there is not enough time for the LEO's to show up. (Make sure you are within your legal rights!!!!)

I feel for you and your situation. Hope everything works out for you and your family! Best possible solution is they move out now!!

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

we have a DART law here, the police can take the house suspected of trafficing drugs. and condemn it. whether rental or owner occupied. the owner then has to get the house back from the police. there way of getting them out of the neighborhood.

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

I would have just called the cops and let them deal with it..good luck!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I would have just called the cops and let them deal with it..good luck!

That is what I would have done. That way when the cops would arrive, they would get to hear and see what was going on.

There is no reasoning with kids that are idiots. They are going to do what they want without any regards to consequences. The LEO's can change their way of thinking rather they like it or not! :D

pduquette

Ensign

I'll suggest a good video survalence system . Even if they don't retaliate you could catch 'em breaking the law and turn them in . peter

jkust

Rear Admiral

Sounds a little Grand Torinoish. In our first house we owned we had crappy neighbors a husband and wife on one side but they were Harley types in a Band so were always up at night even in their late 40's. We could never understand how they ever were able to buy a house. The rest of the neighbors were original owner WWII vets. They (Harley neighbors) weren't bad people just way too old to be acting like kids. They would have their annual campout in front of our house where people would literally camp in their rv's for a week as if it was a vacation destination. A fire pit was 10 feet from our window and they would be up until 6:00 AM the sleep during the day most every day. Once my wife and I graduated college and had our first child we quickly moved out. We tried talking and reasoning with them and they simply didn't care that we had a newborn trying to sleep. We didn't have the malice involved which takes it to a whole--other-level for you. My little experience is nothing compared to yours so I can't imagine your frustration. I say time to move away. I wouldn't subject my family to this and life is seldom very fair. The fact they wouldn't move their cars shows how truly stupid they are. You can't reason with stupid.

jonesg

Admiral

I wouldn't call that a rant.

a Rant is when someone just moans about their situation but does nothing constructive about it, then they say thanks I "feel" better now.

Like going to someones house and vomiting on their table saying "thanks I feel better now".

and yeh, a surveilance camera might not be a bad idea at this point.
and don't forget the next board of selectman's meeting, they are usually sensitive to this type of thing.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

survyelance cams are nessary in this situation.....

i fully agree with jb.

its going to get worse....be ready....you are going to have to take steps to keep your family safe.

ddrieck

hood rat update....

The owner of the property showed up this morning to do an walk thue inspection and was not a happy man. Turns out the guy whom owned it when we bought our house, the slum loard, sold all his properties to a new owner. The new owner is a real down to earth, take no bulls*** type of guy. I heard him speaking in a very loud voice that he was not happy with the condition of the house and the land it sits on. About 20 min after he arrived to do the inspection he came over and had a nice long chat with my wife and I. Wanted to know what type of problems we were having if with them. Let me tell you, he got an earful. Said he was ready to kick them out when he got there but is now going to have them served. He then walked back over to the hood rats and served them with a verbal eviction notice. I'm guessing there will be a court battle to get these people to move since they have a couple of kids about 3 years old.

Holy cow....as I sit here typing this reply there are cops out in front of there house....looks like a drug bust or something...tried to get pictures but the police woild't let me....

I'll update later again tonight with more details

Tyme2fish

Commander

This is like the National Enquirer on the web. We want and need the latest update.:eek:. I am following this post!!!!