Pole storage on rail

MWK

Cadet
I'm trying to find a place to store my boat hook and a side or my back rail might work. The problem is I can find many many pole storage clips that screw in, but nowhere can I find a pole storage clip that mounts to a side or back rail!! I find fish pole mounts and flag pole mounts and grill mounts and several other things that mount to a boat rail but no storage clips. This seems like it would be a useful item. Can someone please help?

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Pole storage on rail

its not really a solution to your specific problem, but i bought a telescoping boat hook from a big boating store chain for $15. works great, and it stores just about anywhere. i keep mine in the ski locker

Splat

Lieutenant

They make a clip that you can screw to your rail, the boat hook will then snap into place. I use them for my paddle, another set for my bow light.

They should be available right here on iboats. I'll do a search when I get back to a real computer. Or check a local home depot in the hardware and tool storage section. I've found them there before.

I think that's what your looking for.

Bill

MWK

Cadet

Bill, that sounds just what I'm looking for. If you get time, please post brand name or whatever you can. Thanks

erikgreen

Captain

I have a pair of the metal spring-type mop holder clips on my fore deck that hold a telescoping boat hook. Keeps it out of the way unless needed, and holds it solid through towing and boat driving.

The only down side is that they're kinda sharp. I should go over 'em with a file.

Erik