1953 Sea King 3hp carb problem, PLEASE help me figure it out

Nathan T

Cadet
Re: 1953 Sea King 3hp carb problem, PLEASE help me figure it out

Well I finally got the rotor ordered today. I should have it in a couple days since he said he had them ready to go. I can't wait to get it put in and take this back out and try it again.

Do you think there could be anything else wrong with this as far as it not pumping water? Or do you think the rotor will definitely fix it? Do the passages ever get plugged up or anything? Or is that uncommon? I'm just hoping that I don't get this put together and have it still not pump water or something.

As far as your fix for the grease leak goes I'm kind of confused about it. I haven't actually looked at it again since I first read your post about it, so maybe I'll know what you're talking about better after I look at it again.

If I put this back together and it is still leaking lube (I plan to use Lubriplate this time though) past that seal, will it ruin the new rotor right away? Or will it last for a year or two or something? As long as it will last for a while without hurting the new rotor right away or something I'm probably not gonna worry about it right now.

I am going to be getting a new (new to me anyway) boat with a 25 horse Johnson on it sometime in September so I won't be using this motor for long. But my dad plans on buying it from me after I get my new boat.

Thanks again for all of the help and as soon as I get the new rotor put in and get it out on the water again I'll take a few pictures or maybe some video for you guys.

Thanks.

bil_rankin

Cadet

Can you help me locate a set of piston rings and any new carb parts that may be available for the above MW engine. It is a 2 cylinder 2 stroke 5 HP I believe,l 2 years ago it ran fine now it wont pull gas through the carb. It will run fine if you put gas in the spark plig holes or directly into the carb throat. Please help my little boat that could needs its power back

bil_rankin

Cadet

Can you help me locate a set of piston rings and any new carb parts that may be available for the above MW engine. It is a 2 cylinder 2 stroke 5 HP I believe,l 2 years ago it ran fine now it wont pull gas through the carb. It will run fine if you put gas in the spark plig holes or directly into the carb throat. Please help my little boat that could needs its power back

Nathan T

Cadet

Have you cleaned the carburetor? If it runs when you spray gas into the carb or put gas in the plug holes then the carb is plugged. If you clean the carb good it would run just fine again. I fix a lot of small engines and I am also a certified automotive mechanic, at least 90% of the small engines I fix just need the carb cleaned.