taking on water

McJaggr

Recruit
Just bought a new 2009 207LS Reinell. 20.5 feet with a 5.0 liter V8. The boat performs great, but seems to take on a lot of water. After a day on the lake, it dumps several gallons when I pull the plug. I've searched for an obvious leak and can't find one. Any ideas?

Jack Daniels

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: taking on water

Swimmers and or skiiers coming in and out of the water.

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

Does your day on the lake include swimming/skiing/tubing?? Each person that climbs in the boat dripping will deposit between 1/2 to 1 cup of water in the boat.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

several gallons in a day is too much. Take it back immediately.
Also find out why your bilge pump isn't coming on. The accumulation should be about a quart, and especially when you're running it should kick on. If there's no float switch, get the dealer to install one and find out how in good conscience they can sell a boat without it.

dooma_Flatchy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Personally,I would take it back to the dealer. If you bought it new it should be under warranty.

Utahboatnut

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Well my last boat was 25 years old and after a week at the lake skiing/tubeing etc all day every day at the end of the week a few cups would come out maybe. Take it back to the dealership and have them fix it.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Indeed. I expect the leaks from my old aluminum but from a new boat I'd expect a dry bilge.