fire fox spell check help

jaxnjil

Lieutenant
i just switched to fire fox to try again; now when i try to post i dont get the spell check mark that was in the top rt corner of the message box.

am trying to find answer in fire fox but i must be looking in wrong place.

if any one can tell me how to spell check with fire fox that will be a BIG HELP

i386

Captain
Re: fire fox spell check help

I have tested this and have been able to reproduce what you describe. This is just an educated guess...

Fact: Firefox has its own built-in spell checker that checks as you type.

Guess: The forum software detects that you're using Firefox so it does not display the spell check icon.

The software could be disabling it for Firefox users because it's redundant. Allowing the spell checking to happen on the client-side takes a little load off the server. Or perhaps the spell checker just isn't compatible wire Firefox.

BuzzStPoint

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Never noticed a spell check icon. Must be browser dependent
However Firefox has a built in spellchecker. When you are typing in a text area and misspell a word, it should underline the word for you in red. Left clicking on the word will allow you to change it or add it to the dictionary,

jaxnjil

Lieutenant

OK howw do you geet itt to work?

did above and nothing happened no under line of any thing?

when i left click all it does is move the cursor

OK i have been playing with this and have found if i right click i get a pop up that has check spelling and by clicking that box i get the red under line.
then right click on underling and get a drop down menu with proper spelled words to chose from.
not as handy as old was but seems to work
thanks for replies and any other advice on using Firefox are welcome

NoKlu

Senior Chief Petty Officer

In Firefox if you spell the word wrong a red squiggly line will appear under the word. If you right klik on the word the correct spelling will come up and you just klik on it. All of this is automatic if it's turned on in the options. This works for windows, I am not sure on a mac. I must type really slow as none of the last 4 responses were there when I started typing :confused:

gss036

Commander

Go to the "Tools" icon at the top of the page, click on "Advanced " and make sure the spell check as I type is active. If so should spell check automatically. Shows your misspelled word with a red line. Click on it and it will give you options.

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

I love the spel chekker it works everywhere including MS office and email....