I need Lund prices

Kris_20

Cadet
Well I pretty much made up my mind that I will get a Lund boat.

What I need are some prices. I emailed a bunch of dealers in my area but haven`t heard back from any of them. I will stop by a couple during the week but I want to know what type of price I should expect and what I should look for.

Can anybody give me an approximate price on the following.
In Canadian dollars if possible including freight and PDI. I`ll work out the taxes.
By the way how much is the freight and PDI for a Lund?

I am looking for a 1725 Explorer sport with a 90 hp Mercury 4-stroke

or a 1750 Fisherman with a 90 hp Mercury 4-stroke

Any help would be appreciated.

Also which one of these two is the better option for larger lakes like Lake Ontario, Erie, Huron.

Navy Jr.

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: I need Lund prices

I seriously doubt you will get replies to an e-mail request for prices from any dealer on Lund boats. You need to visit each one. They may have a model like what you're looking for in their showroom with a sticker price on the windshield. It is a point from which you may begin negotiating.

Regarding which of the two models is better for big water, the 1725 Explorer Sport has a transom height of 20 inches; the 1750 Fisherman is 25 inches.

Lastly, the maximum horsepower rating on the 1725 Explorer Sport is 125; the 1750 Fisherman is 135.

We have a 2008 Lund 1750 Fisherman with 115hp 4-stroke and really wouldn't want anything smaller on the transom. If you're on big water and a storm starts bubbling up nearby, the 115 will get you to safe harbor quite nicely. If you go with Mercury (Mercury and Lund are owned by Brunswick), I believe the 115 is the largest normally aspirated 4-stroke they offer that you can hang on either of your boat choices before having to upgrade to a supercharged Verado.

Kris_20

Cadet

I seriously doubt you will get replies to an e-mail request for prices from any dealer on Lund boats. You need to visit each one. They may have a model like what you're looking for in their showroom with a sticker price on the windshield. It is a point from which you may begin negotiating.

Regarding which of the two models is better for big water, the 1725 Explorer Sport has a transom height of 20 inches; the 1750 Fisherman is 25 inches.

Lastly, the maximum horsepower rating on the 1725 Explorer Sport is 125; the 1750 Fisherman is 135.

We have a 2008 Lund 1750 Fisherman with 115hp 4-stroke and really wouldn't want anything smaller on the transom. If you're on big water and a storm starts bubbling up nearby, the 115 will get you to safe harbor quite nicely. If you go with Mercury (Mercury and Lund are owned by Brunswick), I believe the 115 is the largest normally aspirated 4-stroke they offer that you can hang on either of your boat choices before having to upgrade to a supercharged Verado.

What kind of price would I get approximately on either boat with a 115 hp?

jdsgrog

Chief Petty Officer

The question isn't what is the price, what are you willing to spend? Lunds can get pricey. Go to a dealer and browse around. It's like purchasing a car, you need to do your research.

Navy Jr.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Yep, I agree with jdsgrog. Lunds are pricey. It would be best to walk into a dealership and talk with a salesperson. He/she won't bite your head off, and can answer lots of your questions.

Kris_20

Cadet

Seems like Lund prices are a mystery.

I am going to a dealer but I wanted to know what to expect and not get some overpriced quotes.

Thing are much easier with other some other boat dealers. I mean tracker and legend have prices on their web site and catalogue so you know what price you are dealing with at any dealer.

From what I see I will go to 3 dealers and get 3 different prices on the same boat model.

jdsgrog

Chief Petty Officer

yes, that's the best way. shop around and compare prices. if you plan to buy new, in us dollars, lund's in the 17-18 ft range can easily reach in the upper 20's. Generally, they are more expensive than tracker, lowe, alumacraft, and the like. I have a friend who had a lund fish and ski 18 footer a number of years ago and he said he paid around mid to upper twenties. He had a 115 hp that went a max of 35mph. When he sold it, though, he got most of his money back on resale.

i'd look around local dealers first and then call dealers out of your area to see if their prices match.

jdsgrog

Chief Petty Officer

OK, looking up prices here on iboats, I found a 2009 lund 1725 explorer ss with a 90hp motor going for $22,875US (sold in Kansas) and as high as $28,985US (sold in New York, but not sure of the motor). Here's the link:

http://boats.iboats.com/lund_boats/

Kris_20

Cadet

Well I got some prices today and like I thought they were all different for exactly the same things.

I am leaning towards the 1825 Rebel XL Sport or the 1725 Explorer Sport.

None of the dealers had an Explorer so I can`t really make up my mind. Anyone here have any pictures they could post?

As for the Rebel I just noticed that the pictures in the brochures are different then the actual thing.

From what I have seen the Rebel 1725 XL Sport has only 4 seat bases unlike in the brochure it shows 6
Instead of the back two seat bases it had a flip up/down seats in the back which if you flip down reveals the back seat base and makes the back casting deck bigger. I quite like that feature and this was also on the 1825 but that one did have 6 seat bases. What I don`t get is why is the brochure different? It does not show the flip down seats. The 1825 that I saw in person can have a total of 6 seats for passengers not including the casting seats in the front and back while the one in the brochure has only 4.

What is the deal here? Which one would I expect if I do order one?