Wet Foam?

flagwaver

Recruit
My boat leans to starboard at all times. Real bad when setting in fishing seats facing to starboard. I moved the battery to the port side (up on deck), but it still leans. I think it could be wet foam. Is there a way to tell and if wet will it dry or does it have to be replaced?

Daley

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Wet Foam?

It does sound like it could be wet foam, but not knowing what kind of boat it is makes that nothing more than a possibility.

If you do have wet foam and it's touching wood, it will rot that wood so yes, you'll want to replace it. If it's not touching wood, it will still mold and mildew and I'm sure I don't have to explain the joys of that.

gss036

Commander

Does your boat even have foam? Most aluminum boats do not except mayb under the seats.

flagwaver

Recruit

I have foam under the sides and around the live wells front and back.

1rawdawg007

Seaman Apprentice

You dont say how long you've owned your boat and if it used to NOT lean.
If you have a "bass type" boat with decks and such, maybe just the exposure to rain drained into the foam and saturated it and/or accumulation from wash downs. Even if the bow is elevated, if the boat is exposed to rain, the foam can take in water over time.
Check your livewell or ice storage compartment for leakage too, so that is eliminated from a possibility.
But I agree with the others that foam got wet and needs to come out.
:)Its going to be on the starboard side too..lol
You could move the motor over or hang some diving weight belts over the port side... just kidding.:rolleyes:
Good luck and hope you limit out every trip !

Last edited: