Starcraft Falcon 14 Overhaul

scipper77

Commander
Re: Starcraft Falcon 14 Overhaul

My neighbor just replaced an old aluminum deck around his pool with a wood deck. I wonder if you could use aluminum deck boards for the new floor. I, like you am watching these rebuilds and want to buy a similar aluminum boat to restore.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Welcome Aboard..
Again, this site is turning into Starcraft Heaven..
We love the tin cans and ya done good with pics right off the bat, good job!

Cool little boat..But if you plan on staying away from wood, what will you do for decking material? Seal exterior grade ply is the cheapest way to go and done properly will last many many years!

keepNitreel

Chief Petty Officer

Welcome Aboard..
Again, this site is turning into Starcraft Heaven..
We love the tin cans and ya done good with pics right off the bat, good job!

Cool little boat..But if you plan on staying away from wood, what will you do for decking material? Seal exterior grade ply is the cheapest way to go and done properly will last many many years!
Hey Kev, we might be looking at the SS Skillet II :D

Rickairmedic

Commander

SS welcome to iboats and the Starcraft club :D. Now wheres Bob I see 3 kneebraces again :D.

Rick

Lightnig

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That's a cool looking little boat man, good colour too. :)

You said that you paid 1000 cdn for her, where abouts are you located? I see no front plates on those cars in the pics, so that narrows it down a fair bit...

Lightnig

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Im located in Okotoks, Alberta. Its just south of Calgary, which is where we picked the boat up.

Whats the difference with the 3kneebraces? Is it a good thing?

Can't help you with the knee braces, but is nice to meet a neighbour. I know exactly where okotoks is, worked there a few years ago, commuted from Calgary - same place I am living now...

Rickairmedic

Commander

Im located in Okotoks, Alberta. Its just south of Calgary, which is where we picked the boat up.

Whats the difference with the 3kneebraces? Is it a good thing?

SS we have Bob fixated on the kneebraces at the bottom of the transom . He has been trying to figure out which boat he has and all of us with Jupiters mostly only have one kneebrace as where he has 3 like your boat. The one thing we have all agreed on is the peaple at Starcraft changed things up from one boat to the next and although we all agree they are the best boats :D. They can be tricky to I.D. if the hull plate is missing .

Rick

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Yes I noticed the three braces but my splashwell is not the same......

I had a bass boat that was all aluminum to include the decking..... it was okay since nothing would ever rot.

Diamond plate is great stuff but wow it is on the high end of cost :eek: A simple 4x8 sheet of 3/16 is about $300 as compared to plywood and polyester resin which is cheaper.

What is the plan for power? I bet a nice evinrude 50 would be perfect even a vintage 33 evinrude will have enough power.

Yes...... I am in Starcraft identification H*LL. North Beach is assisting.

keepNitreel

Chief Petty Officer

I think your 14 footer looks sweet (Liquid Mini), very nice find indeed. This site has turned me into a Starcraft fan :D

Rickairmedic

Commander

LOL keepNitreel I had 3 glass boats before the Starcraft fever got to me . I have now sold 2 of the Glass boats and picked up a 1970 Jupiter V 16' . I have one Glass boat left ( the one in my avatar ) . I am considering restoing it nice and pretty and trying to turn enough profit with it to make a dent in the purchase of a 21' Supersport or a 21' Holiday like Northbeaches :D. I like the little Cutter and it is a rare little boat but I dont really need 2 little boats :D.

Rick

smithjames31

Recruit

to, ssbullock

my name is James, I also have a 1968 falcon 14 that was given to me. i am restoring it also. about your transom, i had a friend tell me to cut mine out of a little thinner wood and then to coat it in fiber glass and tat should help to make it so you dont have to replace for a very long, long time. when i get the chance to upload some pics i will let you know so you can see my progress. good luck on your restoration.