need help with OMC 2.3 liter

Robj

Lieutenant
Re: need help with OMC 2.3 liter

When you did the compression, was the throttle wide open, and did you crank it until you reached maximum pressure? I keep cranking until there is no change. Just want to make sure you did the test correctly before we conclude the engine is tired. Have you rebuilt the carb? Sounds like fuel starvation to me.

Have a great day

Rob.

Robj

Lieutenant

Another idea. Just a WAG since I do not know this engine at all. Is it timed with a belt or chain? If a belt, I would check to make sure it has not jumped.

Have a great day

Rob.

Freedom

Cadet

You said you rebuilt the carb, did you replace the fuel filter in the carb? it's behind the fuel inlet fitting.

cranked engine until the compression gauge maxed out, throttle closed - does this make a differance? I am going to check timing when I get home, and yes, the filter in the carb inlet has been changed. I have had a few people tell me that if my compression is above 100 psi, I can rule that out as being the problem (even though it is low) it should still run fine (which it does on muffs) I'll give an update after checking my fuel pump screen & timing when I get home

what the

Cadet

Hello,

Yes the throttle must be wide open for the comp test. check again at wot it should be fine. I would check ign timming also have you checked fuel pressure on muffs and under load. Has the carb been rebuilt?