Prop?

xtreme872

Cadet
I am in need of a new prop. Engine is a Johnson 90 2 stroke on a 24' pontoon. I do pull a double tube sometimes... current prop is 14x13... Is this best to put back or will something else benefit me better

hwsiii

Commander
Re: Prop?

You appear to be wayyyy over propped, too much Pitch. We need year, make and model of your boat and motor as well as the make and model of your prop to help you further. Give us as much information as you can find, boat weight and motor gear ratio as well. The more information the better.

H

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

It appears to me something isn't right. imo while the 13 may be over propped
you should be closer to your rpm range. you would have to drop to a 9" prop to come close to your rated rpm.and then still be barely at 5,000.
I think normally you would need a 11 to get to about 5,000.
Can you get us the weight of the boat dry? the speed at your present rpm?
gps if possible.Is the prop in bad shape?You may be able to get it repaired and get a new baseline test.Then if you need a prop change keep it for a spare.Is the motor in good tune,does the throttle open all the way?

xtreme872

Cadet

well I have been having trouble with the motor speeding up and slowing down... does it sometimes and sometimes not.. took the fuel filter out yesterday and cleaned it... but think I may have a power pack going bad... how can I test it

xtreme872

Cadet

Crest model 25-23... Load - 2825 lbs...engine is Johnson 90 model J90PLSSE

hwsiii

Commander

Xtreme, make sure the motor is running right then omeback and get with us again, I believe you have a motor problem and there is no way to know the correct prop until your engine is performing like it should.

H