You Guys Ready For Memorial DAY ...

doggreen13

Seaman
I am not but almost, i did a gob of re wiring on the boat my god what a mess i pulled over a mile of wire that had absolutely no purpose,bunch of old fish finder stereo vhf speaker crap,i did put in a new fish finder and i mounted the transducer just like the book showed ..it works fine but a 3/4 speed it splashes water up into the boat ...so i remounted that and used some cable fasteners
to hold the cable to the transom nice and snug, then i changed the lower end oil..that took awhile but the oil came out clean no water..so i guess that is a good sign. {when i got into this i didn't realize how much work is involved }
its been a challenge that's for sure but i have enjoyed the hell out of it so its all good :cool:
anyway i am taking the whole family up to the chain of lakes for the weekend for some camping / fishing / fun my kids have never been camping yet so hopefully build some good memories for them :):):)

timdan94

Chief Petty Officer
Re: You Guys Ready For Memorial DAY ...

I've been ready. I had the boat out 6 times already. Its been running good and I've only burned about 9 gallons of gas.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Doing the finishing touches on mine this week..
Wash the old girl real good Friday then off to the lake!:D

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

You guys are just rubbing it in !!! Ours was last weekend.
Anyway I hope you all have a safe and happy weekend.

i386

Captain

It's a 3-day honey-do list weekend. We're going to get a lot of stuff done around the house.

nlain

Commander

I have burned over a tank of gas (26 gals) in my boat, the last was at the iboats gathering at Lake Griffin in Fl, so far this weekend is looking like RAIN. :mad: I'm not going to complain too much cause it is needed. :D

Rogue427

Petty Officer 1st Class

Going camping instead of boating. Only going to be in the upper 60's this weekend.:(

Edko

Petty Officer 1st Class

I just bought my TowboatUS package, so I'm ready :D

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

we are going to need waders here.

nlain

Commander

The weather channel was talking this morning about the flooding in Fl, ankle deep water in some folks homes, schools out due to flooding, and when you look at the amount of water that has come down in the last few days you know why there is flooding. Florida needed rain bad just not all at one time.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yeah. We'll be boating. Staying on the Colorado River Sat. thru Tue. Our first warm weather trip of the season although we did have a weekend over Easter. That is always more of a primer. Memorial Day is the real start of the season for us for sure . . . :cool:

bowman316

Lieutenant Commander

I want to stay away from all the traffic and people. Just today I noticed there was a lot more people on the road around noon, not even on the interstate, just on secondary roads.

I can work monday, and get another day off later, so if i did that, I could take a 3 day weekend when there will not be 10 million people going to the same place i am.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Yeah, I definitely understand that, but with kids you take the days you get . . . We just make the best of it. We spend more time at anchor, and do our best to stay safe while enjoying the party.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

Sounds like I'm opposite most. The boat has been in the slip since March 27. Pulled it yesterday and brought it home to clean it up and do some summer maintenance.

Have not been on the water Memorial Day weekend in over 15 years. Waaay toooo many idiots and tourons for me.

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

I hope everyone has a SAFE and HAPPY weekend!!!!!

I also hope everyone takes at least a few minutes to thank all of our military for their contributions AND sacrifices to preserve our freedom.

All Gave Some---Some Gave All

Boss Hawg

Lieutenant

Worked today helping set up "The Wall" for Viet Nam KIA's here at the VFW grounds in Lufkin, Tx- Lots going on but Sat going fishing & Sun the fish fry :D

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Well I guess I get to celebrate with you guys after all. I got Monday off as well. Forecast good so while the rest of Canada is at work we will go boating if the weather is good.

Edko

Petty Officer 1st Class

Bowman and dingbat, I can imagine the western shore is miserable on holiday weekends. Come to the Chester, plenty of room :D

dave11

Lieutenant Junior Grade

It will still be raining here.

Nandy

Commander

If I dont go to MLK or Tillery I will end up in SC. Just boating sunday...