Summerization disappointment

ralphy670

Petty Officer 1st Class
I just went to pick up my boat and I made a grave mistake. I left the plug in and some how water got through 2 tarps. There was quite a bit of water in the hull when I removed the plug. I am paranoid about damage. I believe the water came from our last large snowfall in April and the temps where not that cold for the month. I cant see any damage inside the hull or on the exterior. I was told my boat has no wood in it, it is a 2007 Tahoe Q4.
Do you think I will have any issues?

crxess

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Summerization disappointment

As long as there was no freeze to crack anything, all should be good.

jkust

Rear Admiral

If you plan to store outside next year...try making a wood frame to hold the tarps up and keep the snow off. They can be simple but very effective if you don't use a shrinkwrap service.

gstanton

Chief Petty Officer

Or ... leave the plug out.

Anything coming in will drain right on out!

Jeep Man

Commander

You didn't say where you are located. How cold does it get through the winter? Short freeze-up won't hurt it, but if it has been subjected to freezing solid you might have some stress cracks.

scjmc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Dont worry about it.

ralphy670

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am in Canada so it gets very cold in the winter. I am pretty sure the water in the boat was from the spring so it shouldnt have froze very hard and would probably have melted again the next day. First day in the water will be tomorrow since the ice just came off this week. Guess Ill know soon.