ever feel like mother nature hates you?

BIGcarpy50

Petty Officer 1st Class
Went looking for walleye this weekend...sat am set up boat and as soon as it touched the water.....downpour....fished for 4 hrs in the rain and decided to head back, and as soon as i touched the dock..it stopped....went home for lunch dried some stuff out in the nice sunshine did yard work, and decided to head back out around 4 to make it a night..and again as soon as we headed into the water the rain came back....and lasted untill the sun went down,,,,,for the whole day we landed 3 fish that we were able to make a meal out of but i almost feel like we were fighting a losing battle...

Mark_VTfisherman

Lieutenant
Re: ever feel like mother nature hates you?

It was after all MOTHER's day...

However, I don't think she had anything to do with it. Sounds more like a male icon, Murphy, as in Murphy's Laws, was responsible for this.:)

beerfilter

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yep , Mother Nature has definately got it in for us this Spring , lol .

Not much rain earlier , but the wind seemed to be contstantly howling 25-35mph . Now the monsoon has settled in and the rivers are holding at flood stage , with more rain on the way .

When the water finally returns to normal , its going to take another 4 weeks to figure out where all the old snags have moved to and where all the new snags are .

The only water my boats have been in was Friday night in my back yard when the creek got out of its banks ....

Starcraftguy1

Petty Officer 1st Class

You know,I love it.Went to the lake,2 1/2 hour drive,got there launched the boat,headed out,and the rain came in,does'nt rain here much.And everybody left.The lake was choppy,thunder and lightning,we tied to the dock,went up and and sat in the truck.Soaking wet.10 minutes later, the storm passed,and we had the whole lake to ourselves.It was like a sheet of glass.Everything we threw in the water caught a bass,I would bet over 150 of them in two hours.Nothing huge,but a lot of fun.I will always try to wait it out now.

Marchosia

Petty Officer 3rd Class

me an my buddy went fishing sat also, got rained on 5 different times, never left the lake.. an never stopped catching bass during the entire time now i love rain :D

ebry710

Ensign

We're supposed to come in when it rains? Dang.

Starcraftguy1

Petty Officer 1st Class

You only come in when the lightning starts hitting your fishing rod,and makes you put it down.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Rain is so you can't do the chores outdoors. Nothing to do but go fishing.

A set of FroggToggs (sp?) keep you dry and comfy and the fishing improves when all the wimps have gone home. :)

Marchosia

Petty Officer 3rd Class

way i see it, the rain is like a quick air conditionor.. it cools you off from burning up.. just wear some swimmin trunks an your good to go.. :]

idrownworms

Petty Officer 1st Class

I think Patrick Mcmanus said this " the best times to fish is when it's raining and when it aint"
I agree:D

beerfilter

Petty Officer 1st Class

I think Patrick Mcmanus said this " the best times to fish is when it's raining and when it aint"
I agree:D

LMAO , that is 1 of my favorites , too .
Actually it was 1 of Pats literary charcters , Rancid Crabtree , that is credited with that statement . :D

ebry710

Ensign

Yeah, I look at rain as just part of life, but of course CA doesn't have the summer rain like other states. I thing though that once I am out on the lake it is hard to convince me to go anywhere else.

Lightning, wind and hail are not my friend.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I have gone out on Lake Ontario about 5 times so far this season and every time an eastern or northern wind has picked up when I make to about a mile off shore and over 150 feet of water.This wind will shut off the bite almost like clock work,so although the circumstances are different,mother nature is out to get me too.

LongLine

Chief Petty Officer

So I'm out on Lake Ontario yesterday morning. Forecasted rain in late afternoon. Caught a couple fish. CG announced hi-wind advisory so I figured weatherman is off a couple hours. Scooted back to launch thinking I can get boat out, home & covered before weather breaks loose. Anyways, backed her into driveway & as I climbed up to get the gear out, clouds let loose. Got soaked but finished the job. After lunch, sun comes out. grr...:mad:

Guess I'd better go open her up & let her dry out.

Tom B.
(LongLine)

p.s. how come Mondays & Tuesdays are always calm, bright & sunny?

rolmops

Vice Admiral

So I'm out on Lake Ontario yesterday morning. Forecasted rain in late afternoon. Caught a couple fish. CG announced hi-wind advisory so I figured weatherman is off a couple hours. Scooted back to launch thinking I can get boat out, home & covered before weather breaks loose. Anyways, backed her into driveway & as I climbed up to get the gear out, clouds let loose. Got soaked but finished the job. After lunch, sun comes out. grr...:mad:

Guess I'd better go open her up & let her dry out.

Tom B.
(LongLine)

p.s. how come Mondays & Tuesdays are always calm, bright & sunny?

Longline,
Do you launch out of the Genny?
I come out of Ibay

dgopetactical

Chief Petty Officer

went out yesterday 10am it was not suppose to ran till 3pm. Started raining at 11 checked the weather radar some storms comming in. We trailered the boat got 1/2 way home and the sun came out. Didnt start raining again until 6pm. happens all the time. Our local weathermen must smoke crack behind the dumpster on lunch break.
Denny

Bumpus7

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Went looking for walleye this weekend...sat am set up boat and as soon as it touched the water.....downpour....fished for 4 hrs in the rain and decided to head back, and as soon as i touched the dock..it stopped....went home for lunch dried some stuff out in the nice sunshine did yard work, and decided to head back out around 4 to make it a night..and again as soon as we headed into the water the rain came back....and lasted untill the sun went down,,,,,for the whole day we landed 3 fish that we were able to make a meal out of but i almost feel like we were fighting a losing battle...

Well Thank God for the rain which will not hurt fish in water ! ! !

You could have fished all day, and never caught anything not even a bite.

Also You received a fine meal of fresh fish for your efforts, and you were blessed with the opportunity to go fishing twice in one day.
Many people didn't.

Don't forget the great sunshine and stopped period of rain God gave you to do your yard work with too.

I would say you accomplished a lot during your rainy day sunshine ! ! !

bumpus :)

mars bar

Petty Officer 1st Class

It always seems to me that the old sayings hold true. Red sky in morning... etc When the winds from the west , fishing is the best. When the winds from the east fishing is the least. Going out on Monday, what are you guys running these days. Usually do all my fishing for eyes in Erie and haven't fish Ontario for years.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

It always seems to me that the old sayings hold true. Red sky in morning... etc When the winds from the west , fishing is the best. When the winds from the east fishing is the least. Going out on Monday, what are you guys running these days. Usually do all my fishing for eyes in Erie and haven't fish Ontario for years.

go to:

www.lakeontariounited.com/fishing/index.php

LongLine

Chief Petty Officer

Rolmops.

Yep, Genny is my home river. Love the launch. Been there many years. Used to hit I-Bay for northerns when the lake was too rough.

Tom B.
(LongLine)