Mercruiser will not lower

Bones138

Cadet
I am new to this whole boat thing so be easy on me. I have a 92 Maxum with a 7.4 Bravo and a Mercruiser. The trim cylinders will not lower. The pump runs and sounds normal. I removed a line and it is pumping fluid. The boat did start to sink last year and the fluid looked kinda like milk. So I changed the fluid but it still will not go down. The boat has been sitting for about 9 months with the trim all the way up. Any helpful tips on how to get it to work. Thanks.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Mercruiser will not lower

The boat has been sitting for about 9 months with the trim all the way up. Any helpful tips on how to get it to work.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,....

Have your very Largest Friend climb up onto the Outdrive,.. And Jump up, 'n Down on it....;)

Then once it's working again,... Cycle it a few times,+ change the oil again,...
Might wanta do that a Few times to get rid of All the water....

Bones138

Cadet

I tried that I even took them off and used my push bar on my car and tried to push them closed against a wall they would not budge. Is it time to maybe find another set.

bamadave

Petty Officer 1st Class

I know this is coming a day late and a dollar short, but, when you do get them working, when you trim all the way up, just bump the down trim button to relieve that pressure. And Welcome Aboard!

picklenjim

Chief Petty Officer

With all the lines disconnected the drive should fall.If not it's time to rebuild or find new ones.