Transom savers for Trophy

pgiuf

Cadet
Our 1802 Trophy transom sits approx. 18 inches over last cross bar of trailer.
Have been reading about transom savers and am wondering if they work ( the bent model) for this kind of setup. The outboard is a 115 4 stroke. Trailer has a "rubber landing guide " in the center of the last cross bar. Will TS work with this too? Or do I have to off-set the TS-does off-setting really allow the same performance of the TS as intended.?
Thanks, pgiuf

ronj

Seaman
Re: Transom savers for Trophy

pgiuf. I always use one.Got mine at West Marine not the bent one .I think it's called a T Rex Was about $50.I used it o n 17' Pro Line cc. I just offset it a little on the 1802.works fine.Ron

onwaves

Cadet

I have a Trophy 1903 on a Performance brand trailer. My bunks also over hang a couple feet beyond the last cross member. I use Swivl Eze Lock n Stow. Cost around $75 from Bass pro shop, MarineEngine.com, JMS online just to name a few. I have a 150 Optimax. You will need to see if it will fit a four stroke.

pgiuf

Cadet

So does the lock and stow take the weight off the transom or just hold the motor still? These are two different issues right?

ronj

Seaman

This is how it works. Holds all the motor weight.
MVC-001S-5.jpg
Ron

pgiuf

Cadet

Thanks so much for this info- we will be checking into this this weekend!

rob711

Petty Officer 1st Class

i suppose it would not hurt for me to use a transom saver on my 1802, but being that my ride to the ramp is only ten minutes away i never bothered...the picture ronj put up looks to me like the sceg is still way to low, i'd be afraid to go up a hill, does anyony make a t.s. that would enable u to bring the motor up higher?

pgiuf

Cadet

I was wondering the same...in fact I was wondering about the trailer bracket-it looks like it is the kind that goes over rollers-but there are no rollers.In trying to decide what kind to get- I see I have a choice of roller or bolt. There are straight TS and Bent TS models too. My transom sticks out 2 ft from last crossbar of trailer.
I am worried about the clearance. Anyone who uses these on this type of boat- please give your 2 cents.
Thanks!

ronj

Seaman

Better pic. Other pic Trailer tongue is up so deck will drain.
MVC-010F-1.jpg
Ron

ohbuckeye

Recruit

Hello All

This is my solution for the transom saver bracket on my 1802wa with 115 merc outboard. I am using the shock eze transom saver.

Hope this helps.

transom saver.jpg

This is my first post so I hope the photo turns out

Charlie

pgiuf

Cadet

Thanks for the photo. I am still wrestling with the fact that my cross bar is 2 ft under the boat. A straight TS seems to make the motor be almost vertical-the clearance isn't much.

ohbuckeye

Recruit

Understood, my cross member is only 1 ft at most from the base of the transom
I have included one more shot with the transom saver installed to possibly
help with you decide if you need the straight or bent one hope this is helpful

Good luck
Charlie

transom saver2.jpg

pgiuf

Cadet

Thank you for you photos. I wish we had more room under the boat for a straight TS like yours. Our cross bar is deep (20inches) making the motor vertical with an uncomfortable amount of clearance. I am going to order a bent one and see how it goes. Thanks again!