First Boat First Engine First Post :()

RoughWaters

Recruit
Just bought what i think is a great little boat. It has a 75hp Mercury ob which I believe to be oil injected. The serial number is 09629160. I have no idea what year or type it is. Ive looked all around it and cant find any other information. I have many questions.
- Any Ideas how i find out what year/model it is.
- am I right that its oil injection, there is a little reservoir of oil at the front side of the engine.
- Before using it for the first time I want to make sure that its ok. What bits shall I change.
- Can I get a year specific manual that will help me service it.
- If I ask mercury can they tell me what model it is.
- is regular unleaded ok or do i need super unleaded. Is there any advantage to either?

I know its alot of question many of them stupid to most but any answers or advice as to how and where I find them out for myself would be greatly appreciated.

Regards John (Wales UK)

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: First Boat First Engine First Post :()

The maxrules.com website has a merc model year guide for your motor. Look up the year by HP and serial number. After you find out the year, you can look up parts for it at crowleymarine.com

Regular gasoline is fine.
You cnatest the oil injection by marking the ioil level on the resvoir and running a tank of premix. After the premix is gone, see if the oil level in the tank dropped by a pint or so.

Specific OEM Manuals are available

RoughWaters

Recruit

I have checked the serial number and found that it is a 1990 ELPTO 1075412JB. Where can i order stuff from in the uk? Crowley marine is US based? Are they a good engine do u know? There isnt a model number qite the same listed at crowley marine ... is that because its a us site and my engine is a uk one?

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

You might PM Laddies or Dunarama and ask about UK motors. They might know of some UK parts places.