Votes: 6 4.8%
  • outside

Votes: 24 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slasmith1

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Where do you keep your boat???

In a slip at the marina but it isn't a choice on your survey.

mla2ofus

Chief Petty Officer

Just finished building an all metal 15' x 30' x10' high open side shed for my pontoon,fishing boat and 4 wheeler. The main things we need protection from here is sun and hail.
Mike

windsors03cobra

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I live in a downtown area so I only keep mine here in the driveway for a day or 2 but my dad lives 20 miles west in a rural area and has a nice Morton metal building I store it in, also have a little auto shoppe with a lift in dad's shed.

Grandma has a farm with about 10 outbuildings and 7 of them are full of boats during the winter, I think we parked about 103 of them last year, have crammed as many as 120 in.
Currently in the process of getting them out as their owners wish. Curious to see if more sit unused over this summer.
The oldest building we store boats in is a old 1897 2 story dairy barn, about 15 in the bottom and 15 on top. Lighter the better up top, mostly 16' alum's and the lower unit must be high to go up the ramp.

Navy Jr.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Its at a storage facility for 6 months of the year, but this Friday (May 1st) she comes home to take a place in our two-car garage. That means the oldest vehicle will sit outside in a parking spot off to the side.

Sure, I could put the boat in that outdoor spot with a cover over it, but the boat is much more valuable than the vehicle and I'd prefer to keep the boat out of the elements. From what I've seen, boats kept inside are in much better shape after 10 years than those that are stored outside, but that's just my own personal observation.

Anyway, wish we had a 3-car garage.

22E6441

Petty Officer 1st Class

I stuff her in the garage....the boat, not my wife.

100_0692.jpg

bigred69

Petty Officer 3rd Class

20x64 building I got for free. All I had to do is set it up. Has 4 roll up doors and one walk in.

Action

Petty Officer 3rd Class

At the dock! Wish I had a spot to pull it out and every weekend and store!

wgoodhoofd

Petty Officer 3rd Class

When the boat is active, we keep it at the cottage dock, with a cockpit cover and mooring cover on it. In the winter, we keep it at the dealer we bought it from. Sense of security, and no hassles after dropping it off.

OldePharte

Chief Petty Officer

Under cover, in a covered floating dock. About 40 feet from my patio.

jmarty10

Chief Petty Officer

I keep mine at Marina on the trailer during the summer. In winter it goes into inside storage at same Marina. I had an opportunity to rent a cheap slip this year but am passing it up because I dont want it on water year round. To tough on hull and I worry when it rains.

Bart Sr.

Lieutenant Commander

Definitely in the garage during using season.In the machine shed (80X40 quonset style) at the in-laws farm when the air is cold and the water is hard.

Landscaping Wiz 808

Chief Petty Officer

I keep my small aluminum boat outside under a cover and my MFG's in the driveway uncovered during it's restoration. After all the elbow grease it's going to take to get her to shine again I think I'll be EAGER to get her under a cover when I'm done.

Oh Yeah - All outboards are stored in the heated garage over the winter.:D

BOB

cadunkle

Petty Officer 2nd Class

21' is too long for my garage (assuming I could clean it enough to fit the boat and car, and still have space to work), so it sits outside with snap on cover and a full cover over that. Wish garage was deep enough to fit it.

Tommy in FLL

Seaman Apprentice

In the canal behind my house in Ft.Lauderdale.

Q: It has good bottom paint; how often does it need to come out of the water to be cleaned off?

Attachments

• CanalN0209 s.jpg
    CanalN0209 s.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 0

Biggems

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Unfortunatly we are not aloud to park a boat at our apartment complex despite several requests. It is parked in my buddy's front yard under a cover. Only thing that sucks is that he lives 45 min. away and most of my boating places are half way in between here and the boat. Needless to say it is ALOT of driving just to take the boat out for a day.

Getting married next month and looking forward to getting a nice place with a garage and yard.

Nico2112

Petty Officer 1st Class

In the canal behind my house in Ft.Lauderdale.
:rolleyes:I wish I could say that:). What a beautiful scenery to have a boat!

Right now it's sitting in my garage.

From this sunday until my boat dies on me;), it's going to be stored at a lake's marina small hangar (roofed) and fitted with a mooring cover (I'll take pics).

BTW, what is a carport?

Cheers!

Attachments

• 101_2337.JPG
    101_2337.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 0

Shizzy

Ensign

Unfortunatly we are not aloud to park a boat at our apartment complex despite several requests. It is parked in my buddy's front yard under a cover. Only thing that sucks is that he lives 45 min. away and most of my boating places are half way in between here and the boat. Needless to say it is ALOT of driving just to take the boat out for a day.

Getting married next month and looking forward to getting a nice place with a garage and yard.

same here. I had it at a buddies house about 15 minutes away but then I realized I could rent a garage stall here at the Apartment complex for cheap.

Biggems

Petty Officer 2nd Class

yeah we dont have garages here. I wish! Although there is a large area with several parking spaces that is kind of off to the side and away from everything else where I and several other residents have asked to park boats there but they said no.