Liquid Rollers- Holly Goose Snot!

Wee Hooker

Chief Petty Officer
Just completed my first couple of launch/hauls of my new rig on a pure bunk trailer. I have to admit , I was a little nervous that the bunk set-up would be a disapointment. First lauch: I backed the trailer up so that the bunks were about 1/3 wet. My (16' aluminum900#) boat slid off with a little shoulder prodding. Sprayed the bunks with liquid rollers and went fishing. On return 3 hrs latter, I decieded to try to drive up the trailer. Boat went up like it was on ball bearings! It also slid right back down as soon as I eased the throttle. Twice! :)
Went back to plan A and cranked it up with very little effort. maybe even smoother than my prior roller trailers.
Second launch, I set the bunks so that they were just above the surface ( to see how it would launch shallow.) One light shove and she just about launched herself! Haul in was not much tougher.
Anyway:
a) Thanks to those who steered me towards liquid rollers (vs plastic strips.) This stuff works EXCELLENT.
b) My fear of "inferior" bunk trailers is gone. I think we'll have along happy relationship now.

tbebko

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Liquid Rollers- Holly Goose Snot!

Are the bunks carpeted on the trailer. It sounds like a great product. Wondering if I could use it on the carpeted bunks.

NCCamper

Cadet

Ok. You've got my attention! Tell us more about this Liquid Roller product. It may be just what the doctor ordered!

NCC

Moody Blue

Captain

I use spray-on silicone lubricant on carpeted bunks with satisfactory results but the Liquid Rollers has me intrigued. Where did you buy from?

captharv

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I use it on my carpeted bunks. Works as advertised, which is rare nowadays...

fishrdan

Admiral

* Trailer Bunk Board Lubricant.
* Makes the loading & unloading of boats easy.
* Dramatically reduces friction; makes bunk boards as slick as rollers.
* Long lasting, non-greasy, non-staining formula.
* Repels road dirt & grime.
* Flammable.
* Plastic Safe

They got me sold :D

Wee Hooker

Chief Petty Officer

Yes, it's made especially for carpeted bunks. Not sure how many launchings it will hold up for but easily cuts friction in 1/2. Can sais NOT to take the bow chain off till your ready to push or you'll loose the boat on the ramp. I can believe it from my first use observations.

I'm sure it's some sort of silicon based lube but it's cheap enough and goes a long way so I'll stick with this brand name.

Floatsum

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I was looking at that stuff today at the "Going out of Buisness" (BW) store sale.
Almost bought some.

fishingdan

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Liquid Rollers is a must have for bunk trailers unless you have access to perfect ramps. After you use it, you will be glad to buy more. Great stuff.

eli_lilly

Chief Petty Officer

Can sais NOT to take the bow chain off till your ready to push or you'll loose the boat on the ramp. I can believe it from my first use observations.

The above can't be stated enough, Liquid Rollers has left many a boat laying on the ramp surface...

-E

redone4x4

Lieutenant Commander

The above can't be stated enough, Liquid Rollers has left many a boat laying on the ramp surface...

-E

yep, im scared. I'll continue to power gently on and off the trailer. I only have one boat and dont want to lose it! I must have good ramps to launch at, because i never have any problems whatsoever that would lead me to think about using somethin like that. but thats just me in my situation i guess.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

sure sounds good for pontoons.

cadunkle

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I think I'll give this product a shot. My boat is a royal pain to load. Not much V at the rear so gotta keep the trailer shallow. Idle up on the trailer and it's impossible to crank all the way up. Gotta stand in the water and crank while slowly backing in and hope the rear stays lined up. I guess my setup has a lot of fruction (painted bottom ain't as smooth as bare gel either).

kk lowrider

Cadet

Great stuff you can get it at your local sports academy I love this stuff when your on a steep ramp, it really,really works.

Wee Hooker

Chief Petty Officer

"I think I'll give this product a shot. My boat is a royal pain to load. Not much V at the rear so gotta keep the trailer shallow. Idle up on the trailer and it's impossible to crank all the way up. Gotta stand in the water and crank while slowly backing in and hope the rear stays lined up. I guess my setup has a lot of friction (painted bottom ain't as smooth as bare gel either)."

Sounds like you need a set of guide on's and a catwalk too. With guide on's you wouldn't worry about where the rear lines up. With a cat walk, you never have to get your feet wet.

IMHO, Liquid rollers is just one step in making my trailer as user friendly/goofproof as possible. Nothing puts a damper on a relaxing day of boating like fighting your equipment at the end of the day.