what do you think about this?

running cougar

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Ok so i have a 1232 jon boat. I would like to Hear your ideas on what i should do about this. Ok so i want to increase the stability of this boat by adding some sort of Outriggers on it for when i am fishing. Any ideas on how i could build something like this to connect it to the sides of my boat would be greatly appreciated. Pictures of ideas would be even better. thx cougar.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral
Re: what do you think about this?

Pics of you jon boat may help getcha some better help....
Or depending on how deep ya are fishing...an old 14-15 ft tri-hull makes a very stable fishin platform

Last edited:

running cougar

Petty Officer 3rd Class

The pic of my boat is my avatar. I have done alot of things to it. I have rebuilt the whole motor, got a trolling motor got a q-beam for fishing, 2 seats, paddle, 2 drink holders, 2 rod holders. btw any thing else that you would do to my boat any more additions? thx cougar

a70eliminator

Captain

You'll need a bimini top for those hot Summer days that I'm sooo looking forward to.

Lone Duck

Master Chief Petty Officer

Ok so i have a 1232 jon boat. I would like to Hear your ideas on what i should do about this. Ok so i want to increase the stability of this boat by adding some sort of Outriggers on it for when i am fishing. Any ideas on how i could build something like this to connect it to the sides of my boat would be greatly appreciated. Pictures of ideas would be even better. thx cougar.

Find some of that real dense black styrofoam and attach it to the side of your boat just above the water line. Just like the old sportpal aluminum canoes they used to build. You will be amazed at the stability it will create. With nothing as cumbersome as outriggers.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

I would go with 6''-8'' PVC pipe with caps on them, super cheap couldn't be more durable, how you would attach it to the boat you will have to work out but that just seems like the easiest way to do it.

I started out in a boat like that and they are almost as bad a canoe, most of the time I had my buddy with me "brace yourself, I'm gonna get a pop".

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

i like the pvc idea, and use some 2" pvc for the cross members. say 8 feet long, and the 6" 4 feet long. and put a fittings on it so it is one piece. then, mount with pipe brackets with wing nuts.

running cougar

Petty Officer 3rd Class

bimini top on this small of a boat? Homemade? how?

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Saw this just now on CList Cougar...Thought of your post here...looks like he lashed a bunch of fenders to his lil dingy..

Attachments

• PONTOON IDEA.jpg
    PONTOON IDEA.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 0