tank cleaning

tino

Cadet
I;ve been reading posts after posts about how to clean your tank how about this.siphon out gas take off all hoses.take garden hose fill tank with water let it over flow a few times to get all that #hit out. siphon out water blow air in let dry.new hoses, new fuel /water filter, add new gas with seafoam

RickV1955

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: tank cleaning

Have you done this?
Seems like it might be a bit difficult to get all the water out - get it completely dry??

Rick

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

What type of tank? plastic? Aluminum? Can you remove it? What condition is it in now?

The e-10 fuel has had a benefit of cleaning most stuff out....

tino

Cadet

below deck 24gal aluminum.I just see no other way to get all that#hit out. do you have a better way? if you take it to a marine service place they are going to do it with a elec pump that only get the fine #hit I;m talking about the big #hit that might be in your tank .the cost 100. to $300 dollars.in the future I;m going to take it out and put a tank in place where I can take it out turn it up side down wash it out put it back in fill with gas then go fishing. 75% all our problems with outboards are gas, filters and dirt.

Last edited:

Nandy

Commander

below deck 24gal aluminum.I just see no other way to get all that#hit out. do you have a better way? if you take it to a marine service place they are going to do it with a elec pump that only get the fine #hit I;m talking the big #hit that might be in your tank .the cost 100. to $300 dollars.in the future I;m going to take it out and put a tank in place where I can take it out turn it up side down wash it out put it back in fill with gas then go fishing. 75% all our problems with outbroads are gas and filters and dirt.

Is debris, not #hit... The later goes in the boat head...