Just Purchased, 1993 2502

Hooked on Deanna

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Just Purchased, 1993 2502

Another problem solved...Brian from Boat Levelers talked me thru a trouble shooting process. The wire for the starboard solenoid is bad between the switch and the pump (hidden where it can't be reached). Boat leveler is sending me a wire harness.

Hooked on Deanna

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well...I'm considering trading up for a 1997 Proline 2950 WA for $20K plus my boat. The Admiral wants AC! I want a WA. The boat has twin 225 Mecury OBs with 660 hours. It's in need of TLC...sound familiar! Anyone have any experience with Proline or this model.

Hooked on Deanna

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Decided to keep my 2502 and had a great season with it. The vintage 1993 twin 175s have performed great!

Today I had a very interesting experience. While running I noticed water shooting up between the outboards spraying my starboard OB's air vent. I couldn't figure out what causing the problem but knew something wasn't right. I started loosing power on the starboard engine and panic at the thought of breaking down so far from home. For whatever reason I was afraid to stop and investigate so I motor'd on. Normally I run at 4000 rpm at 34 mph. The starboard at it's worst during this event only hit 3400 rpm. I let the port work at 4200, running at 30 mph. When I reached the river (Bush) of my home port I stopped to investigate. Water came pouring out of Starboard OB where the cables enter. I gave her throttle and she performed as normal, except for the water shooting up. I stopped and started a couple of times investigating this issue and suddenly the water spray stopped. I investigated and discovered my fish finder transducer was inside the boat/over the transom. My problem appears to have been from my transducer coming loose...WOW. I now have 3 screws holes below water..Is this problem for a few more weeks?

P.S. Told my son about my experience today and he mention that he ran the boat a week earlier and got the transom stuck in the mud (OB were up...low tide and he wasn't familiar with my marinas channel). That explains why the transducer was loose.

SoFloStone

Seaman

Hooked, put some screws int he holes with 4200 to seal as a temporary plug until you have time to put a new transducer on...

You do not want water to get into the transom and start the rot process...

Sea Schaul

Cadet

This is what my yard did when I had a new transducer put on and the old holes needed to be filled.

Hooked, put some screws int he holes with 4200 to seal as a temporary plug until you have time to put a new transducer on...

You do not want water to get into the transom and start the rot process...

Ghost Chaser

Cadet

Hooked great posts. Thank for posting your project items, good bad or ugly they help many boaters that encounter similair stuff.

My props to you for taking on the challenges. The best part was out of now where your entertaining the thought of the proline and the upgrade.

Spoken like a true boater. Been there done that also but so far have held on to my 2002. Still have my eyes on a 2004 or newer 2502. Only time will tell.

thanks again

Hooked on Deanna

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Update
So I went from the Trophy (sold for $8500) to a 1997 Maxum 2800SCR (traded for purchase price) for a 1998 3000 Martinique (another unthinkable deal with my no survey gamble). Fishings has nothing over cruising the C-Bay with the wife. Going to fun ports, meeting cool people and accepting the pocket busting gas prices! See my post on the Wellcrat forum...it's about as interesting as my Trophy saga - LOL