missing at high speed

tomcat45

Cadet
just got off the water. i have a 150 faststrike 1994. when you get just about to where you get on plan the motor start cut on and off or a real bad miss it. don't seem to have 1 cylinder miss it seems to been the all the cylinders. any suggestions. could it be the s.l.o.w. doing it the alarm is not going off.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: missing at high speed

check the vent on your fuel tank, the fuel pump, can not suck out of a vacuum. check for air leaks in fuel line, also weak fuel pump.

tomcat45

Cadet

thank you will check fuel line. it may be it . looking at it when got home today the linkage thats on top of the motor coming from the fly wheel has a peg on it. it moves along a edge of a plate looking thing the peg has a plastic gromet on it that rolles along the plate part of the roller is missing can it make the engine miss if it hit that part it don't have a fuel pump i mix my own gas also theres a wire that is on the top of the motor that has a plug on it i can unplug it and plug it back in and it runs fine it may have something to do with it or it may be just a coensadence

NoelG

Cadet

if that "plug" you are talking about is your top spark plug, then you are only running on your bottom cylinder. Check to see if you're getting spark. If not, its prob the carb. float in your top carb (cylinder)

thannah84

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I agree....It is one of two things most likely...Spark or Fuel.....Does it run fine at all other RPM's? Or as soon as you give her throttle she bogs down???