My first boat..

Marchosia

Petty Officer 3rd Class
This is my first boat, That I purchased myself.. 1987 Ranger 374V with a XR2 150 with motorguide 45 lb t/m... I figured at 3000 with only thing wrong with it being the water pump it was a very good deal, bought it in july and its nice to say that i have my own toy that my parents didnt help me buy being 21.. considering my other toy is an 06 mini cooper that i got brand new ;)...

untitled-1.jpg

untitled2.jpg

untitled1.jpg

pictures were resized to help loading..

matfalk

Cadet
Re: My first boat..

Get ready, here it comes! I just bought my first boat 2 weeks ago, an 89 Stratos 285, and after paying 4000 for it at the dealer, I'm about to sink another 1000 into it between updating the electronics, registration, and a couple of other things. It's a never ending investment. It'll all be worth it though. Good luck and congratulations!

Marchosia

Petty Officer 3rd Class

ha, so far besides gas, an registration.. ive only put 20 bucks into fixing it, witch that was the water pump..

it came with 2 fishfinders, an a depth finder, although ive removed the depth finder an 1 fish finder cause my dad bought me a fishfinder this past weekend.. so hes spent more on electronics than i have haha but it only cost 140ish..

but i dont mind as long as i get to spend the day on the lake fishing and tubing its definitly worth it..

wuttja

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I don't think the '06 Mini is going to be the right tow vehicle for your latest addition! :D Enjoy your toy.

Marchosia

Petty Officer 3rd Class

haha the tow vehicle.. is an 08 siverado actually, dad bought it brand new last july just to tow stuff but your right id hate toeven try that. haha ;)

Nandy

Commander

that is a very nice boat! Good for you. Now go and find you a decent towing vehicle and you are set up!!!

grego

Petty Officer 1st Class

Did you get a boat surveyor? seems every boat tranaction needs one.

River - Runner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Congratulations. They're great boats and your '87 looks like its hardly used or its been garaged. I've fished countless hours in my buddy's '88 360V Ranger with the XR2 150 like yours, since it was new and it's used for what it's built for. I know you'll enjoy yours. You're young, so if your new with speed on the water be safe and take care, it'll easily do 60 mph.

Marchosia

Petty Officer 3rd Class

hah, yeah it was kept in a garage an hardly used, and the owners before me had a another prop put on there an my father had it up to 64, but i normally just do 40-45 to somewhat help on saving gas..

Marchosia

Petty Officer 3rd Class

thank ya, its been a fun toy since i got it..