kicker motor for a Bayliner capri cuddy 19'

galillo

Seaman Apprentice
HI I want ti install a kicker motro in a Baylinner capri cuddy cabin 19.5" my mechanicall tell me that 15hp is good enough for this boat as a kicker, I only want to be sure when I get inside the ocean and I don't thrust my force 125hp motor, any one have idea if I can do that on this baylinner is a 1988.

Thanks.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: kicker motor for a Bayliner capri cuddy 19'

Ayuh,.. I doubt you have the transom Space for 2 motors on that hull,...

galillo

Seaman Apprentice

so you mean instead on have one force 125hp maybe two motors of 65hp or 70 hp? I guess is much cheap if i only buy a 15hp motor with a base only for emergency, what do you think?

Boatist

Rear Admiral

A 15 HP kicker will get you back in if you have enough fuel. I would suggest a Long 20" or extra long 25 inch shaft.

You can use a EZ Steer for steering from your main motor. Then can use tiller handle for the throttle or hook another shifter and throttle.

Here is a picture of mine ona 21 foot boat.

MVC-055F-1-1.jpg

MVC-079F-1.jpg

vandy21

Petty Officer 1st Class

I don't see a problem with that. I am mounting a kicker to my bayliner also. It's not my boat, but I came across a picture of a bayliner cuddy with a kicker, it looks like what you have in mind. This one's only a 5hp, but same idea.

baylinerwithkicker.jpg

vandy21

Petty Officer 1st Class

Also, responding to answer your question, 15hp is enough, probably more than enough, but yeah, 15hp will work for you.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

15 HP will drive your boat about 5 or 6 MPH. Definitely get an engine with at least a 20 inch leg. The prop needs to be deep in the water. If you are out on the ocean and need to use it, the swells will rock the boat and a short kicker will come out of the water.