will a four winns candia 200 pop a wakeboard out?

bigguy6f4

Seaman
hey guys, im looking at upgrading to a bigger boat. i currently have a 17 foot trihull with a 165hp thats worn out. ive got my eye on a 1988 four winns candia 200 boat thats 22 foot, seats over 10 and weights around 3000+pounds without people. im thinking it will provide a huge wake however im unsure if the 260 hp will be enough to pop out a wakeboarder and having say 7 people with us. does anyone have any experiance or seen a boat like this?
all the owner could tell me performance wise was that it does 40mph tops with 3 people via gps.

http://easttexas.craigslist.org/boa/1054795867.html

bigguy6f4

Seaman
Re: will a four winns candia 200 pop a wakeboard out?

Also if this is not in the correct catagory then would a moderator plz move it accordingly? Thank you, Drew

smitty1258

Petty Officer 2nd Class

your lawnmower could pop out a wakeboarder.

that boat will be fine.

FLWakeRider

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Bigguy6f4 -
First off, like Smitty says, just about any boat that can get on plane can pull up a wakeboarder. I have seen someone board behind 14' with a 70HP outboard.
Next, dont assume that because the boat is long and weighs alot it will make a huge wake. And, even it does, it may not be clean enough to really get some good boarding in. It looks like this Four Winns is a tri-hull too. So, what are the problems with the wake behind your?
I guess, it would be okay for wakeboarding behind, but I have never really paid attention to the kind of wake a tri-hull produced. For some reason, I always though that hull design was used to produce very little wake, and prevent the boat from rocking while in the water.

bigguy6f4

Seaman

the main question posed is will the boat in question pop a wakeboard out. not can i wakeboard behind it.

my tri hull is worn out (mentioned above) and i want a bigger boat with more umph on the start.

of course something that can go 40 that big can pull a wakeboarder, but can it accelerate fast enough to pop a rider out without dragging him for 30 seconds untill enough speed is acheived for him to plane out. that is the question. also some of the new wake board boats are being designed with a tri hullish design and produce huge wakes without the need for fat sacks. i know cuz my friend has one. its a tiger or tige or tigr however its spellt

And while its entirely possible it will produce no wake at all, im still wanting ot know about the getty up and go power.

my tri hull produces a nice wake btw

FLWakeRider

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Good deal, sorry if my reply seemed negative. Like I said, I have very little experience with the tri-hull design and water sports.
And, as for "POP" up time, from what I have seen, that has a huge dependency on how fast the boat planes. The faster on plane, the faster you get moving, the faster you pop-up.
But, yeah, that boat should not give you a problem with that big of a motor. I would almost think it would plane easier because of the hull and deck design.
For "POP" to be achieved, you really only need to get going about 10 MPH out of the gate. (But, I guess that also depends on how heavy the rider is)

smitty1258

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Lets get the record set straight here. Im really not sure how or where either of you got your information :confused: :D

As stated, your lawn mower could pop a wakeboarder up.

Getting someone out of the water on a wakeboard is very easy, and requires very little actual power.

If you are dragging someone behind your current boat for 30 seconds before they actually get up, then its the boarder, not the boat.

Were not skiing here ffs.

Yes, the boat will enable a boarder to come up, and out of the water quickly.

Just because it goes 40mph means nothing about pulling a wakeboarder, it could only go 22mph and still pull a wakeboarder.

And while its entirely possible it will produce no wake at all, im still wanting ot know about the getty up and go power.
Yes, it will get up and go.