Tom posted this over yonder

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: Tom posted this over yonder

They can also access your camera phone to. I'm curious to know about other units rather it be cable boxes or satellite receivers.

Just what use would that camera be and who for? I don't have nothing to hide, but I just might want some privacy in my bedroom if I'm not getting paid to put on a show!

chiefalen

Captain

Wonder if it's mandated by the federal govt. they want to spy on everyone in the country?

This one i don't get?

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Sorry guys but I will not buy into this one. I am willing to bet good money it is all a hoax and people will feed off of this like vultures :rolleyes:

If big brother is using black helicopters at night to fly over our neighborhoods...... what are they using during the day? :confused:

If they are spying on me I bet they turn off that channel because according to my wife......... I enjoy complaining! ;)

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

I dont think i really believe that thing was a camera. It looked like the remote control sensor. I dont think that the government is spying on people unless they are persons of intrest as far as national security. I just cannot believe that they would do it. I guess this is what you think this whole digital tv switchover is all about right? That way the government can get more cameras into people's livingrooms. How boring would that bee anyways, watching someone watching TV. I dont buy it. But if its true Id like to know about it.

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0FKeWaSomk

Look here! Mods Please remove this thread! Vlad posted this not knowing anything about anything about the facts!! "That sort of crap really Pi*ses me off"!!!! Thats what vlad said. Well the ignorance really pisses me off even worse! Please remove this thread!!!

beerfilter

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sorry guys but I will not buy into this one. I am willing to bet good money it is all a hoax and people will feed off of this like vultures :rolleyes:

If big brother is using black helicopters at night to fly over our neighborhoods...... what are they using during the day? :confused:

If they are spying on me I bet they turn off that channel because according to my wife......... I enjoy complaining! ;)

X2 !
I call BS .
Looks like an IR reciever for the remote , to me .

Stand alone OTA HD reciever , doesnt look like it is networkable without a piggy back transciever for whatever format/protocol the spy desires .
Very feasible for your average geek to pull off , but , still no proof of Big Brother watching your nekkid butt watching Jay Lenno .:D

Now stuff like cell phones and PDA's with embedded networking capabilities ARE easily hackable , and used for all manner of shennanigans .

Cable and DSS boxes are also possible , as most every one has built in networking capabilities these days .
Still , no provider and/or manufacturer would dare risk the backlash resulting from negative repurcussions from this kind of capability .

Outside of specific , targeted surveilance needs , Big Brother need only intercept the data/voice communications at key strategic points , like they have been doing for decades .

I did have a customer who INSISTED that BOTH Jay Lenno and David Letterman were watching her through her TV !
She even filed a complaint with the local PD , and there was an officer there when I arrived . She was very well known to the cops , as she went off her meds quite often , lmao .

jpmurphy

Petty Officer 1st Class

It's a crock...................................

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Vlad where is Yonder, where is the proof, that this is not a spoof.

closed until further notice.

Bob_VT

Staff member

Just to satisfy the masses here is the inside of a box and you can see where they glued the fake device.......

frontzz5.jpg

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Well, a lot of us think this is a hoax and some seem to think it is some sort of spy-novel conspiracy. Snopes has nothing on it, but Bob_VT has researched it and hasn't found any proof, either way.

It is not necessary that we agree, only that we discuss it in a civil manner. Let's give that a try. Okay?? :)

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

After Bob VT photo analysis, i too came to the conclusion that this was a hoax,but the thread was closed prior to my reply.
I do apologize for any controversy this subject may have caused.

Vlad.

chiefalen

Captain

I for one want to applaud the mods, they did what was prudent.

And after they discussed it among themselves allowed us to continue, all the while they researched it and found it to be a hoax, what these people gain with all these hoaxes is beyond me.

Now i can still open my pants while watching TV, i'm getting a little rounder everyday.

Thank you mods !

tallcanadian

Captain

being in the alarm and video surveillance field, it is impossible for this to work, even if it was a real camera. there are many factors that are needed for this to work and it's just a bunch of hooey.

i386

Captain

Pause the video at :34. Notice there is a transparent "window" in the faceplate that aligns with what he calls an RF sensor. I believe the "window" is there because it's IR (not RF). There would also need to be a "window" in front of the camera but there isn't one.

I call BS on this one.:D

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Pause the video at :34. Notice there is a transparent "window" in the faceplate that aligns with what he calls an RF sensor. I believe the "window" is there because it's IR (not RF). There would also need to be a "window" in front of the camera but there isn't one.

I call BS on this one.:D

Bingo.............:D:D:D

Bob_VT

Staff member

Well, a lot of us think this is a hoax and some seem to think it is some sort of spy-novel conspiracy. Snopes has nothing on it, but Bob_VT has researched it and hasn't found any proof, either way.

It is not necessary that we agree, only that we discuss it in a civil manner. Let's give that a try. Okay?? :)

I indeed to submit this to Snopes and this evevning I received a return email from Snopes with this link :D :D
http://www.snopes.com/photos/technology/converter.asp