How To Patch??

Paulz01

Petty Officer 3rd Class
OK, so im on my first project boat. I used it all last summer and it served me well, I love to boat. To keep it running well, I decided that this winter I would redo the deck because it was soft. I started ripping it apart and found out that it was all crap. I left it alone for a while and then let someone else start ripping into it for me for a lil while. Tonight I went to clean it up a lil and found out that there are 2 holes in the hull.

There is one drill hole approx 3/8" big on the left and a 2in. slice from a circular saw on the right. How the hell do I fix this???

Also, the stringers are completely gone on this, how do I go about getting them out and how do I get the excess fiberglass from the walls? Do I use a saw, a grinder? How do you guys do it?

seaman campbell

Chief Petty Officer
Re: How To Patch??

Use the search feature you will come up with hundreds of threads that deal with your question! Good Luck with your project and let us know if you need help or guidance.

TC

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Don't panic! You are NOT the first and you will NOT be the last person who sliced a hull with the circular saw.

You will become VERY intimate with an angle grinder. WEAR a mask!! A grinder will eat that fiberglass away. the stringers will have to be ripped out, cut out, ground out, use any "out" method that works.

Pictures? ;)

drewmitch44

Lieutenant Commander

Pennsylvania Access To Criminal History ??? P.A.T.C.H.

erikgreen

Captain

We really need a permanent resource to address these sorts of questions... a FAQ, or a wiki or something. I think a lot of people (not all, but a lot) would be happy to find something like that here instead of posting and having to wait for a reply that usually says "do a search" (not that searching is bad or anything, it's the right thing to do).

I wonder if the bbs software that iboats uses to run this board has a wiki or reference feature anywhere?

Erik