new saturn purchase

skell723

Cadet
Just purchased a new saturn 15 footer, also using a HF foldable trailer with some mods to transport it.Figured out a way to mount pvc to use as bunks.
Only thing cannot put trailer in salt water, Any one have this type boat looking for some reviews

jspringator

Chief Petty Officer
Re: new saturn purchase

I've got a Saturn SD356 (12 footer, air floor) which I like a lot. What makes the boat is the fixed double seat assembly that boats to go sells. I have one double seat instead of the single seat for the helmsman only. Works out great. No problem steering from the double seat. Easier to transport one, and makes the boat easier to pull out of the water. Consider the fixed seat assembly.

soarin

Cadet

I am also considering the 15ft Saturn and was wondering if the valves are leaky. I've read some posts I googled that said the gaskets had to be doubled up. Have either of you guys had problems with the valves?
Also curious if you both through bolted your outboard to the transom.
Thanks.

jspringator

Chief Petty Officer

No valve problems; I haven't through bolted my 15 HP to transom.

skell723

Cadet

i blew up the boat once to check for leaks left it sit 2 days valves seem fine,also i have never put the outboard on the boat yet waiting for spring up here in the north east........
FYI the boat seems to be high quality and feels very durable...

kandil

Chief Petty Officer

Just purchased a new saturn 15 footer, also using a HF foldable trailer with some mods to transport it.Figured out a way to mount pvc to use as bunks.
Only thing cannot put trailer in salt water, Any one have this type boat looking for some reviews

Congrats on the new boat I have the Xcat 13" and I did not have any problem with the valves and I did not bolt my Tohatsu 25HP to the transom about the trailer you could paint it with rustoleum marine paint show us what you did with the trailer and how large of an outboard you are planning to use we want photos:)