free car with every truck

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: free car with every truck

Sad to see they have to give stuff away :( Imagine how the guy feels who bought the truck last month before this sale!!

chiefalen

Captain

Hyundai has been doing the same thing here.

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

Mercedes were doing it over here-I thiink it was buy a top of the range car, get a free SLK.

Shizzy

Ensign

they are doing that around here as well. I havent checked it out but im sure there are a few stipulations to the deal.

KurtG

Petty Officer 1st Class

A local dealership was running that special 5 years ago when we bought our minivan. Buy the van and get a car for $1. The trick was you had to buy the van at MSRP. You probably would have gotten the same dealing buying both separately. Our deal on the van was about 10k or more under MSRP at the time and the base car was in that range.

180shabah

Rear Admiral

Sad to see they have to give stuff away :( Imagine how the guy feels who bought the truck last month before this sale!!

He's doin' all right - he got cash incentives, rebates etc instead of second car.

This is just a gimick to move more inventory. Dealer didn;t take in any more money, but he did get two monthly payments off the books.

Johnshan1

Senior Chief Petty Officer

They were doing this here, I checked into it and for $38,999 I could buy an '08 Ram quad cab, the dodge dealers were taking the $10,000 rebate on the Ram and paying off a base model Caliber, and it was "given" to you. In reality that Ram should only cost $28,999 or less. Its just a numbers game, it took them almost a month to sell 4 of these packages if that tells you anything.

Howard Sterndrive

Rear Admiral

another gimmick...
just like mom told me... if it seems too good....

I mentioned it to a buddy that used to sell cars.. and he just mumbled "yeah, if you pay 12 thousand too much for the truck they'll give you a car"

seaman campbell

Chief Petty Officer

Same thing here the Nissan dealer is selling a Titan at MSRP and gives you a car for "free". I agree just a gimmick to try and move inventory.

TC