Getting A Barge

Nawoc

Recruit
I have read a few posts. First I was kicking around the idea of getting a boat this summer. Well, now I know I am. I know what I want.

I am looking to build my own pontoon boat. Speed no more than 10MPH. I want a little room, 8' X 20' will be enough. Maybe a little bigger. I would like to get some pictures of any homemade pontoon boat, deck barge or anything that floats. Would it be possible to build a pontoon boat on a flat bed trailer and make the pontoon boat and trailer built as a pontoon boat with wheels.

Goofy idea I know, but send me some pictures and ideas if you can.
EDIT: sorry emails are not allowed, due to spam, phishing.

Thanks in advance.

coolguy147

Commander
Re: Getting A Barge

i got a pontoon

its a 1964 riveria cruiser and its matches ur specs. 20 by 8 feet wide. i got a ten horsepower on it from the year of 1959 eivnrude model. its does about 7-10 mphs tops if im lucky so this may set some standards?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

when buying a pontoon. your 8x 20 is that the deck space you want, or the total size of the boat. you have to remember on most the tubes are longer than the deck. there are plenty of older pontoons, that can be stripped to the deck, and start over.

coolguy147

Commander

yes that is very true

my pontoon has absolutely nothing on it. except the railings and floor

samo_ott

Vice Admiral

I have an 8' x 12' deck on 16' pontoons and used to have a '58 10hp on it and it went well. On my 20' pontoon I have a 35hp which is adequate. I agree, if you can find old pontoons it'd be easy to make a deck.

Oh, and welcome to the iboats forum.