Dying to go boating!!

Baylinercapri1987

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Dying to go boating!!

You guys are lucky, In San Diego we boat all year long, and my boat gets no down time for repairs...always gotta go fishing. Actually right now its storming pretty bad, rain/wind.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

You guys are lucky, In San Diego we boat all year long, and my boat gets no down time for repairs...always gotta go fishing. Actually right now its storming pretty bad, rain/wind.

I've gone through some really bad slop heading out to the Coronado Isles!

Man, I miss my SoCal.....Thanks, thanks a lot Baylinercapri1987!!!

jay_merrill

Vice Admiral

I was dying to go out in the boat today too ......... so I did! :D

slasmith1

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I boat year round in the Puget Sound. Although this year with all the rain and flooding we just had there is a large amount of trees and junk that washed down from the rivers so it's kind of like navigating a lumber yard.

Bumpus7

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Our season here in East Tennessee is usually April-October. I am about to go crazy waiting for the months to pass.

Anyone else dying? How much longer is your wait?

If your waiting on warmer weather, and dying to go boating ... get help now or you won't live long enough to launch when time comes.

All of those who feel the same way about dying to start boating and can't wait.

Look at it like President Barack Obama does, and say

YES WE CAN ... YES WE CAN ... YES WE CAN ! ! !

bumpus

hubbard53

Petty Officer 1st Class

YES WE CAN ... YES WE CAN ... YES WE CAN ! ! !

i dunno about that... let's HOPE my bonus doesnt get whacked and HOPE they dont increase gas tax and HOPE they dont realize how inefficient boat engines are and HOPE he does see boating as too 'luxurious'

YES WE CAN SPEND MONEY, INCREASE GOVERNMENT AND INCREASE TAXES

:rolleyes:

magillacuddy

Seaman

We go from about Memorial Day to Columbus (although I'm going to get out earlier this year).
I'm dying to get back out as well. Its been so cold this year, it seems like a world away.

Tabes117

Petty Officer 2nd Class

We live outside Chicago, so May - Oct. I just took the family to the marina and had dinner overlooking the river.

Dante04SRT

Petty Officer 1st Class

I, too, live in Knoxville, and I boat year round. I don't think it gets cold enough around here to warrant "storing" my boat. Granted, there are weeks where the boat will stay in the garage because it's below freezing, but overall I don't think it gets that cold in the South.

What style boat? I see some bass boats around Concord boat ramp but no bowriders this time of year.

Its too much work to have to find all the drains and pull the plugs after a small amount of time on the lake in the winter.

If I still had my 3.0 Merc, I'd go out, 'cause it only had 2 drains.

wuttja

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I was out on the lake just the other day... in my tow vehicle though. Ice is still a bit thick to put a boat in, but at least I used the launch to go out on the lake. :rolleyes:

seaman campbell

Chief Petty Officer

I got out today and was able to do some fishing. Got lucky and found a honey hole reeled in 7 channel cats and 2 small mouth bass. Ahh...I sure did miss the water :D

TC

Nova II 260

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Patiently waiting on warmer weather....

Attachments

• iceboat.jpg
    iceboat.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 0

Dovekie

Seaman Apprentice

It's been a windy winter. Wednesday morning, a break fcast in weather; a few calls & submit for 2 d AL; dep. 21:00 ~150 miles to Charleston, Bonavista Bay, bunk out ~ 01:30 & up at 04:30, away from wharf by 06:00. My friend has shifted his boat, 17' glass with 15 & 6 hp round in preparation, having to break ~ 2" of ice to be ready. We still have to punch about a mile of bay ice to get to clear water, but we've got decoys set 14 miles E. by ~ 08:00, A blue bird day & little action except a flock of Long-tailed ducks that blow by where/when we're not looking & settle not 1/2 mile to feed & watch us through 12:30, so it's off for a run to Little Denier I & round the bay. Land again at 18:30 after another punch, but less this time as ice has made in -14 C morning, though it warmed to -4 or so through the day. Tie off and return to house, pick a few birds, drink rum, chat, laugh, make plans, watch light rain turn off to 4" of snow & check fcast repeatedly, praying that the drift ice will come in to ice will come in to close off the bay. Up at 08:30 & launch again 12:00; the harbour ice we broke out last night hasn't filled in again; another run, this time closer to Chance Hr. Gull Rock E ~ mile off Long Island looking, for, hoping for ice but only seeing mist & fog and a swell that tells us it isn't going to be & the 6 now is not well & we haven't time or fuel to run off to Wester Head so back up the bay; sea goes flat and fog sets in thick as cotton; a few birds & slow but pleasant run back to Sweet Bay, losing sight of the Gull Rock in fog & darkso that the wharf head light is a welcome sight; tie off thinking about tommorrow, but tommorrow is Valentine's Day, and regardless of blessing from a loved one to stay on, off I go for a slow drive back to town. Saturday, picking up 3 doors to install later this Spring; tonight heavy with turkey & a warm fire. Word (e-mail) from Charleston 'Tell Kate you have to come back for your glasses .. ice is coming in and it'll be civil for a few hours in the morning" (dateline : Friday night). This is Sunday & sure enough a few boats left Foxtrap this morning but the wind now at Bonavista, and here gusts to 30 kt N'ly by afternoon. Oh yes, tommorrow is a work day too .. but surely the ice has pushed in to the Cape now - groan.

Yes, I'm addicted :- )