Don't ever complain about doing stringers in your bow rider....

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
This guy is doing a complete stringer and transom job on a 1980's Bayliner 2670. What a job, eh?

image0.jpg

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Don't ever complain about doing stringers in your bow rider....

he has my sympathy. needs scuba gear.

jserb

Chief Petty Officer

Been Their!

Aussiefishn

Cadet

woaho,
actually I've had thoughts that if I do another boat one day it will be a somewhat BIGGER boat like that.:eek:

I talked to a guy who's building some special kit boat, 38 foot superlight crossgrain balsa cat sailer FROM SCRACH all by himself. With a type of glass I've nevr heard of. He's allready put $150 000 into it.:eek:

crazy stuff

waterwezl

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Better him than me!:)

...and no respirator under there?

projecthog

Petty Officer 1st Class

This guy is doing a complete stringer and transom job on a 1980's Bayliner 2670. What a job, eh?

image0.jpg

Wow, sure makes it look roomy LOL.
PH. :D

jonesg

Admiral

Thats impressive, you have some good skills
it helps to be slightly nuts too. ;)

What is the background story on this, did you buy a cheap project boat ?

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

I LOVE seeing large projects like that come together! Impressive work.

Steve Mahler

Petty Officer 1st Class

OK I am JUST TEASING

But, like, do you have nothing more pleasurable to do with your spare time? Walk on nails? Shovel manure? I am really perplexed by people who spend their discretionary time doing brutal work...Was there not the opportunity to burn the old Bayliner in a beer party and buy a boat requiring less work?

Wow. most people are impressed. I am wondering if it is some kind of non-documented illness.

JUST KIDDING AROUND NO FLAMES

jonesg

Admiral

its well documented. boat nuts.

matt9923

Chief Petty Officer

wow nice. You could rebuild my boat with your eyes closed.
Matt

kelmar

Cadet

I have the "sickness"! A day without sanding/itching , scraping, or some type of sticky goooo.....just a waisted day.

I bought the 81 Bayliner 2670 Explorer as a project boat. This is my 6th boat and my 4th rebuild. This project has taken longer than the rest combined.

I also have a 83 Bayliner 2270 Explorer. Bought this boat about eight years ago and have just loved it. With the 2670 I hope to have more room and all the improvements I've wanted in the 2270. These are great boats! "WELL, AS LONG AS YOU DON'T WANT TO GO FAST." Semi-displacement hulls, 115 HP Volvo AQ125/270. Just sips gas at my favorite speed of 6 MPH, puttin down the Verdigris river here in Oklahoma just fast enough for the scenery to keep changing. Kind of a "poor man's trawler". This boat stuff has enabled my other sickness, "Katfishin/beer drinking". No cure wanted.

Thanks for the positive comments on project...........

Mark

Bayliner 2270 Explorer
DSCN0733.JPG

The "Pilot" watching for shad.........

101_0583.JPG

The man-child has been infected with the sickness.......

101_0054.jpg

Kids at home..........
100_2119.JPG

fabricatorjohn

Recruit

heyyy kelmar pinging kelmar are you out there? hows it going buddy ? possibly the only other 2670 owner on the planet? are you makin progress? havent seen any of your pics in a while ? heres the last thing id done to ours
33da9sk.jpg

john 81 2670 explorer "IPANEMA"

kelmar

Cadet

heyyy kelmar pinging kelmar are you out there? hows it going buddy ? possibly the only other 2670 owner on the planet? are you makin progress? havent seen any of your pics in a while ? heres the last thing id done to ours
33da9sk.jpg

john 81 2670 explorer "IPANEMA"

Still working hard on the project. The trailer is a big piece junk also. Working on wire brushing some of the rust off and rolling on some paint. New trailer lights, wheels/tires, seals, bearings, swap to electric brakes, winch cable, toungue jack are in process.

Trying to get enough done to get in the water soon as possible. A lot of details in the cabin can be accomplished while floating down the river with a full ice chest instead of locked in the backyard. Might be more motivational?

When you starting on the flybridge? That would be a great addition for a 2670. I did build the galley back smaller than the original. Worth the effort. Your swim platform looks great, still on my to do list.

Thanks for good words........

Mark

Degrease or insecticides?
100_2470.JPG

I have got to get this boat finished. Tired of wife being pissed over mess in the backyard.
100_2466.JPG

More pics........http://picasaweb.google.com/kelmarray

kelmar

Cadet

hey Kelmar its looking great i just looked at all the pictures lol.. question for you http://picasaweb.google.com/kelmarray/BAYLINEREXPLORERREPAIRS#5127933806059501250
what kind of wood is this and the stain you used? it looks GREAT

I used cedar ripped into about 5/16" thick planks from a 2"X6" from Lowes. Thought cedar would fair well in moisture and was cheap and light weight.

I used a clear semi-gloss spar varnish also from Lowes. I did not use any stain. This combo I thought worked well with the african mahogany trim, also not stained.

The cedar is pretty soft and has taken a few bruises.............

Mark

Just like to add pic to post........
101_0875.JPG

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

That is all beautiful work. I especially like the upholstery work. Where did you get the info on how to do the vinyl in the cabin? It looks great!