Freeze Warning Georgia And Florida

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
South Georgia, North Florida Winter FREEZE Warning.

We are not use to this. There is a predictions of some of the coldest weather in recent years, several well below freezing night, Saturday morning, low to mid 20?s. this is cold enough to damage your motor and drives, if precautions are not taken.

gonefishie

Commander
Re: Freeze Warning Georgia And Florida

Just be glad you're in the 20's, tomorrow HIGH here is 0 and Friday is 2.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Now these do not include the wind chill factors. Right now it is -3?F and with the slight wind it is -17?F. We are anticipating wind chills to -30?F. The best part of that is the wind chill does not affect motors.

Wednesday
5?F / -4?F
Partly Cloudy

Thursday
4?F / -7?F
Sunny

Friday
0?F / -15?F
Chance Flurries

Saturday
7?F / -5?F
Chance Flurries

tashasdaddy

yea, but you are use to it. if it gets to 31 for 3 hours is bad here.

oddjob

Commander

And the ice in the the artic is melting!.....lol

angus63

Captain

I know it's cold!!! I work on New York Harbor, and this morning a flock of seagulls walked into my lab when I openned the garage door. They are still huddled by the door on the floor while classes are being conducted. Thermometer reads 17 F and wind is NW @ 20 knots gusting 30. Tonite and tomorrow will be brutally dangerous.

KeyWestBoater

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have my boat in the garage attached to the house. Do you think I need to put a heater in there? The engine is Yam 70hp 2 stroke.

Thanks,
KWB

tashasdaddy

as long as you have the motor stored in the running position you should be fine.

jaxnjil

Lieutenant

I have my boat in the garage attached to the house. Do you think I need to put a heater in there? The engine is Yam 70hp 2 stroke.

Thanks,
KWB

no; but you might want to make sure the leg is down

i386

Captain

Yea, when I get home I will make sure the spigots are covered. We'll let the water drip tonight. The dogs are getting washed tonight so they can come inside too. It looks like we're going to have at least a week of this.

I started season one of The Unit on DVD last weekend and finished Monday night. I've got some of season two coming on NetFlix so maybe I'll use this time to watch some more.

I like having the dogs in when they're clean. Me and the boys will be enjoying each others company.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

on obs its not so bad.......but anything with a "stored water system" can be in trouble.........eg....an i/o or a gallye water system or head.

while it is true a light buld or small ceramic heater will do the job......it is not always the best.

the ceramic heater can cause spark as the heater's thermostat cycles.....(obviously the spark can cause a boom if there is a gas leak some where)

draining is uasually the best answer.....it only takes a second......and no worries.

dont forget the power steering cooler.

bekosh

Lieutenant

Quite yo whining!:mad:

Tonight: Bitterly cold. Mostly cloudy and windy with on and off snow showers mainly during the evening. Dangerous wind chills as low as -35F. Low -14F. Winds NW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 30%. Tomorrow: Bitterly cold. Partly to mostly cloudy. Dangerous wind chills as low as -30F. High -2F. Winds WNW at 15 to 25 mph.

High /
Low (?F)
Precip. %
blank.gif
Tonight
Jan 14
46.gif
Snow Showers / Wind Early8?/-14?30 %Thu
Jan 15
30.gif
Partly Cloudy-2?/-16?10 %Fri
Jan 16
34.gif
Mostly Sunny4?/3?10 %

Anyone wanna trade? Pretty please?:(

mphy98

Lieutenant

arn't you gad there is global warming going on. just think how cold it would be without that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Pony

Rear Admiral

When I picked up my little Evinrude Fisherman from my uncle a few years back, the temperatures were similar to what they are this week here in the upper midwest.....but colder. It was -36F at night and -20F during the day. The motor was not in a heated garage, it was at most 10 degrees warmer. The fluid wasn't changed that fall in the lower leg. The shifter ABSOLUTLY would not budge. The lower gearcase actually cracked. Luckily I had a spare and everything is all good now.................but it definately pays to be prepared when it gets cold.

I like this cold weather. I had to let my dad borrow all my hunting clothes because his mail truck has a bad heater and he has to drive with the window open all day.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

-20?F
Feels Like: -36?F

Bob_VT

Staff member

-20?F
Feels Like: -36?F

Right now it is -13?F which is better than the -18?F at 4 AM. They are predicting -25?F tonight and none of those count the wind chill.

Where is the Jan thaw that we get every year? :confused:

Bob_VT

Staff member

PLEASE REMEMBER YOUR PETS!

tashasdaddy

definitely!! UPS just came, new rod holders, roof rack to install on van. too dang cold to go out and bust a knuckle.

the Huskies won't even stay outside.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I am from Ontario, Canada but working out of our Alabama plant right now for a few weeks to make sure some installations of new tooling go according to plan. It feels like home here right now but home is at 2 degrees Fafenheit according to my family when I spoke to them earlier. I guess I should feel warm down here !!!!