1988 Bayliner Vs 1991 Searay

fknb

Cadet
Just getting back into boating after about 30 years away. Looking to buy a small boat mostly for my teenage kids to ski on and maybe a couple of family vacations over the next few summers.
After searching I found a 1991 Searay bowrider 175 that appears in very good condition, all covers are good, engine solid, cushions 7/10, flooring solid and well maintained, I can purchase for $3,500. Always winterized stored indoors and original owner. The owner states it was used 4-5 times a year and some years never used. Overall condition is a 7 1/2 / 10
The second boat is a 1988 Bayliner Capri 1750 that appears to be in excellent condition. The cover are like new, engine literally looks new, cushions 9/10, flooring solid, always winterized and stored indoors, has had two owners, the current owner states that the boat has less than 50 hours on it. I can get this boat for $2,700. Overall condition is a 8 1/2 out of 10
They both have the same i/o engine 3.0 MerCruiser.
I have read comments on this sight about Bayliners Vs Searay's on this sight but wanted to hear from other's. I am leaning towards the Searay.

Thanks for your impute.

KurtG

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: 1988 Bayliner Vs 1991 Searay

didn't catch your location, but both appear overpriced for my area. I'd want the engine checked over well and would double check the floor and transom.

fknb

Cadet

I live in Ohio. Price seemed to be low for the condition. How do you get the engine checked out in the winter?

oops!

Supreme Mariner

the key words are "stored indoors"

both boats are over priced in a bad market.......the sellers just havent dont there homework yet.....they just guessed at a price........

if you have time to wait.......do some national craigslist searching.......go back and make them an offer....

im a sea ray fan.....and i own a bayliner and searay right now.

the ray is a better built boat with a higher re-sale value

oops!

Supreme Mariner

by the way......welcome to i boats ! :)

chiefalen

Captain

Look on ebay to get ideas on prices,but i'm with kurt. The boats are lined up here.

Wish it was this way with the prices 5 years ago.

slasmith1

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Both are built by Brunswick boats quality is about the same preference is yours. I have seen both brands in various states of disrepair and like any used vehicle it is all about how it has been cared for.

D

DJ

Price is 100% dependant on condition.

If they are both immaculate, they are both worth that money.

fknb

Cadet

I thought this might be a good time to look to buy. Is there a better time? Would like something for summer, just curious if fall is a better time.
Thanks for all your help, I grew up boating on Lake Erie but have learner more on this site in the last week than I did in 10 years on the lake.

D

DJ

This is as good a time as any. Very motivated sellers.

In a "typical" market, late spring and summer are the worst-price wise.