Woo Hoo! What a Ride!

External Combustion

Chief Petty Officer
Good day to all - it is with sadness and great joy that I report that SAM is Home with his Lord. He left us at 6:24 CDT this morning, after a long fight.

It feels as though half of me has been torn from my side - he was ever the great encourager and optimist - a fine friend and partner. Attached is a photo taken this past Monday afternoon by our son George. It took all the discipline Keith had to sit for the event - his body was so racked with pain. I am relieved that he suffers physically no more.

He will be cremated, and I have yet to determine when to schedule the memorial service, but it will be announced.

Thanks to all of you with your words of encouragement over the last several month's adventure and journey.

Kind regards, and proud to be -
Mrs. External Combustion (Marneth Weaver)

Attachments

• PIC-0036.jpg
    PIC-0036.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 0

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: Woo Hoo! What a Ride!

what??????

does this say what i think it says.....????????

someoner please confirm

mphy98

Lieutenant

i am sorry for your loss, but rejoice that he had faith. but the picture taken last week?

angus63

Captain

I am very sorry Mrs. Weaver. Keith always fought the GOOD fight and was very courageous. My best to you and your family. He will be missed by those who luckily crossed his path.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

He had let us know he was gravely ill. he is now free of pain, and will be waiting for you. my prayers are with you.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Marneth,

Very sorry to see this. Keith was a favorite here. I am sure there are lots of places he will be sorely missed. Prayers and thoughts to you.

Kevin

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant

While his tag line said “internal combustion” was a passing fad, ”External Combustion” is definitely not. His his earthly self my have left us, but his soul lives on.

I wish you Godspeed Mr. Weaver.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I am sincerely saddened by your loss and the loss that will be felt here from his boating comrads.

You are still in our prayers.

Godspeed.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

mrs. weaver......

im deeply saddened to hear this.....

i was not aware he was ill....i must have missed somthing.

my deepest condolences to you and your family.

he is in a far better place now.........

SnappingTurtle

Lieutenant

The phoenix is a mythical bird that has a 800 year life-cycle, near the end of which it builds itself a nest of cinnamon twigs that it then ignites; both nest and bird are reduced to ashes in the fire, from which a young phoenix, reborn anew to live again.

To know more about the man we called External Combustion, visit his website to see one of his many achievements.

http://www.steamlaunchphoenix.com/

LadyFish

Admiral

Sam indeed was a favorite around here. We will miss his quick wit and friendly personality.

I'm sorry for your loss Mrs. and the struggle you both have had to endure all these months.

I will pray for your strength and for you to somehow find peace.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Marneth. Thank you for your courageous notice.

Sam will be sorely missed here as well as at home, The "footprints" he left on iboats will carry on and we are richer for them.

I wish you peace and comfort.

fire831

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sorry for your loss. Will be thinking of you.

puddle jumper

Captain

Another of ibaots great minds of knowledge has left us. My hart goes out to the family as Keith is in a pain free place now.

wildmaninal

Lieutenant Commander

May I quote what I replied to him (EC) in another thread which was a prayer request for my sis n law "yet you remain so positive and seem strong willed", which he must of been till the end I assume. It struck me hard, being that he was so thoughtful to send out a prayer for us (our family) as well when he in his condition was suffering so much.

My prayers go out to you Mrs. Weaver. I am in tears now.

WizeOne

Commander

Very sad to hear, Mrs Weaver. May his strength and peace now be yours in this difficult hour.

gonfishn

Commander

Rest assured that he was greeted by Spinner when Ec crossed over. Very sad indeed

D

DJ

Mrs. Weaver,

Sam will be truly missed. A great guy, I wish I'd known him better.

May God Bless you.

aspeck

Staff member

Oh man, have been away from the computer with festivities and events. Wa shutting down when I clicked here "just to check." I am grief stricken. Keith was a wonderful, encouraging contributor around here. He will certainly be missed. However, his posts left no doubt of his firm belief in God and where he would spend eternity. Mrs. Weaver, I know that the loss is difficult, but my prayer is that God will fill you and your family with His peace, joy, and comfort at this time. We know that for Keith, to be absent from the body means he is present with his Lord and Saviour. He is free from pain and rejoicing with Jesus.

Thank-you for the post, and know that you and yours are in the aspeck family thoughts and prayers.