Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

Tnstratofam

Commander
There are some interesting boats in this ad, but they are all rough.

http://tricities.craigslist.org/boa/4794232389.html
[h=2]4 BOATS (BRISTOL)[/h]
00W0W_kU8YasSoGRd_600x450.jpg

condition: good

1992 silverbullet 11' seats 3, 50 merc.2000
1972 bumbee 10' 40 johnson 1500
1972 hydrocycle 10' 35 merc.1000
1969 astroglass 17.5' cubby cabin 135johnson lower unit an power trim rebuilt inside restored have 2000 in motor sale for 1500
all have trailers sale or trade all or sum on bike or nice large jet ski or pontoon obo CALL or text ONLY Joe show contact info Thank You

jbcurt00

Staff member
This pix tells me ALL i need to know about the 'restored inside' astroglass cuddy:
00z0z_eCORXKCoBHd_600x450.jpg

What a maroon..... $1500..... :facepalm:

All 4 of those rigs are over priced by a factor of 15 or 20..........

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
There are some interesting boats in this ad, but they are all rough.

http://tricities.craigslist.org/boa/4794232389.html
[h=2]4 BOATS (BRISTOL)[/h]
00W0W_kU8YasSoGRd_600x450.jpg

condition: good

1992 silverbullet 11' seats 3, 50 merc.2000
1972 bumbee 10' 40 johnson 1500
1972 hydrocycle 10' 35 merc.1000
1969 astroglass 17.5' cubby cabin 135johnson lower unit an power trim rebuilt inside restored have 2000 in motor sale for 1500
all have trailers sale or trade all or sum on bike or nice large jet ski or pontoon obo CALL or text ONLY Joe show contact info Thank You

Years ago a friend of mine had a hydracycle,.................It was a fun and scary little rig,..

redfury

Commander
I like the new carpet on the playpen...err, pontoon boat, where it's clearly damaged in the 2nd photo from rot and abuse.

Captain Ollie West

Petty Officer 2nd Class
sounds like the guy who bought the BMW but can't afford to fill up the gas tank! yikes. you would have to be crazy to want to work for this guy after reading his ad, basically devaluing you before you even meet him.

also this: "i want some one who knows what he is doing or please do not reply" - never understood why people put things like this in their ads - maybe they've been burned before, but it literally accomplishes nothing other than making you look like a jerk.

... and then they are pissed off when the bargain repairman screws up their junk and then disapears!

laurentide

Lieutenant Commander
sounds like the guy who bought the BMW but can't afford to fill up the gas tank! yikes. you would have to be crazy to want to work for this guy after reading his ad, basically devaluing you before you even meet him.

also this: "i want some one who knows what he is doing or please do not reply" - never understood why people put things like this in their ads - maybe they've been burned before, but it literally accomplishes nothing other than making you look like a jerk.

Yeah, huge red flags on ads like this. Making it seem like someone with a marine mechanic pedigree should want to travel to this joker's house to work on his neglected outboard for way less than shop rate. There's a reason--several, actually---that marine and automotive shop rates are set at that price point.

If you can't afford it, do what 90% of the guys on this forum do. Figure it out and do it yourself. Or sell your boat.

At least we all know he'll get zero responses.

/rant.

Tnstratofam

Commander
That's an awesome playhouse if you're a kid. That's a sucky guest house unless you're like me and just a big kid. As far as getting it out, maybe he has a d-9 dozer in his garage.

Brian 26

Chief Petty Officer
That picture was taken before it was put on the trailer it is on now (must be what he means)

But yes I agree that it would be a much better marketing plan to have the pictures in the ad that show it on the trailer ready to roll down the road.

roffey

Commander
Can you just imagine how rotted the hull of that boat would be. It's sat for years on the ground with snow and rain.... I'm surprised he got it on the trailer in one chunk.

tomhath

Master Chief Petty Officer
That picture was taken before it was put on the trailer it is on now (must be what he means)

Hard to tell if it's sitting on timbers or a trailer in the pictures, kind of looks like it's on a trailer that's sunk into the ground. Either way, I think it would make a better bonfire than boat.

thumpar

Admiral
Hard to tell if it's sitting on timbers or a trailer in the pictures, kind of looks like it's on a trailer that's sunk into the ground. Either way, I think it would make a better bonfire than boat.
I thought maybe the trailer sunk into the ground at first but there is no bowstop or winch that would normally be sticking up.

roffey

Commander
That does look like it might be interesting if it were refinished, but not 2k worth.