Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

jbjennings

Captain
Re: Funny "TLC needed" boat ads on Craigslist.

http://shreveport.craigslist.org/boa/1894226203.html

I thought this one somewhat worthy...
I always like boat trailers with no wheels and tires, and a good thick coating of protective leaves on the inside of the boat so that it's kept in pristine condition. But what really takes the cake is the quote, "motor just rebuilt before last parked". That's what I do also----rebuild 'em and park 'em.:eek:
At least he left the new owner a soda pop to drink while he clears the crud of the rotten hull. I also couldn't accuse hime of cleaning it up to sell!
JBJ

CABoatGuy

Recruit

I bought my first boat on Craigslist a couple of years back. It's an 89 Wellcraft 170 Classic and it has been a great boat. It was a two owner boat and both previous owners took really good care of it.

It took me a just over a year to find this gem though. I probably looked at 20-30 boats in my search, getting a bit wiser and asking a few more questions to each seller before venturing out. A few of the more memorable ones I looked at were: (Keep in mind, all the original owners described these boats as being in "good condition" and just needing "a little TLC")

86 SeaRay, with enough dirty, black oil in the bilge that had the bilge pump been turned on, oil would have shot out the side of the boat. The puzzeling part of this one was that the engine was full of dirty black oil too. The cut-up bath towels wrapped around and stapeled to the seat bases to hide the shredded vinyl completed the "well-maintained" look of this "good condition" boat.

Another 86 SeaRay that the owner described the interior as "in good condition" and the floor as "solid" There wasn't a piece of vinyl in the boat that wasn't faded, rotted and cracking. There were 1/4" ACX plywood pieces layed on top of the original floor and original carpeting. On top of the "new" plywood (which was warping) was some cheap astro-turf. Rusting drywall screws completed this quality repair job. There wasn't a spot in the boat where it didn't feel like I was walking on a trampoline.

I looked at another boat that I found out the guy didn't have a pink-slip for the boat or the trailer. He said he "lost" them. Additionally, the trailer did not have a license plate and I couldn't find any type of ID number on the trailer. The boat was last registered in a different state too! The guy told me that he'd give me a bill of sale, and I just needed to take that to the DMV and they would give me a pink slip for the boat and the trailer. Sure, buddy. I asked why he hadn't done it, and he said he just didn't have the time. (He lived about two miles from a local DMV office)

The last one I'll share is of a boat the owner said had never been in salt water. When I got there, the trailer was so rusty and corroded that if you removed the rust, you'd have nothing left. This went WAY beyond surface rust. I don't even think the trailer would have had that much corrosion had he left the trailer attached to the boat while the boat was moored to the dock of a freshwater lake during the summer. A repainted outdrive and horribly pitted chrome and aluminum fittings on the boat told a tale very different from that of the owner.

Bigperch

Seaman

You are bidding on (1) used M-4 Aluminum Military Boat

That thing might make a great carport if you flipped it over and put it on some posts! neat boat...but what to do with it! :p IDEAS? PEOPLE post yer ideas!!!!!!!!!

I've seen old 10 foot C-band satellite dishes flipped over up on posts and used as calf huts on dairy farms.
Unlike many advertisers on CL, baby milkin' cows got sense enough to come in out of the rain :)

davidhicks

Seaman Apprentice

***FREE!!!*** BOAT W/ TRAILER!!!*** (springfield )

1979 ozark 19 ft boat with tilt trailer. free just come pick it up. the titles for boat and trailer are taped to transom. just need it gone. come take it away. boat needs work but its free so no loss to you. its parked out front.

http://springfieldil.craigslist.org/boa/1899086249.html

my buddy is going to look in to this one as we speak

dannyual767

Petty Officer 1st Class

http://daytona.craigslist.org/boa/1898091351.html

This is a 1984, 18' bowrider, 2.5l 120hp mercruiser. Motor has been rebuilt with new pistons, rings, front and rear seals, bearings, and gaskets. Runs great, Just has a hole in the cylinder head that lets water in the cylinders. I have run out of money and patience. Plus it's easier to hook up to my other boat when i want to go out. This boat will only be available as a whole through out the weekend, and which point i will start parting it out. If you have time and a little money ths is a great starter or upgrade from a smaller one. Boat will go 33 mph and is great for pulling tubes, kneeboards, etc. I can be reached through email or at 386-689-XXXX Price is firm. Don't waste your time and mine with lowballing. I will part out for more than this.

Isaacm1986

Lieutenant Junior Grade

http://daytona.craigslist.org/boa/1898091351.html

This is a 1984, 18' bowrider, 2.5l 120hp mercruiser. Motor has been rebuilt with new pistons, rings, front and rear seals, bearings, and gaskets. Runs great, Just has a hole in the cylinder head that lets water in the cylinders. I have run out of money and patience. Plus it's easier to hook up to my other boat when i want to go out. This boat will only be available as a whole through out the weekend, and which point i will start parting it out. If you have time and a little money ths is a great starter or upgrade from a smaller one. Boat will go 33 mph and is great for pulling tubes, kneeboards, etc. I can be reached through email or at 386-689-XXXX Price is firm. Don't waste your time and mine with lowballing. I will part out for more than this.

For $800, that actually does not seem like a bad deal. Has a nice trailer under it, and interior looks great. slap a new motor in and you are ready to rock.

dannyual767

Petty Officer 1st Class

For $800, that actually does not seem like a bad deal. Has a nice trailer under it, and interior looks great. slap a new motor in and you are ready to rock.

Yes, its not a bad deal. I was talking more about his statement that I highlighted in bold; "Runs great, Just has a hole in the cylinder head that lets water in the cylinders."

ajgraz

Lieutenant Commander

Dunno what the heck this is, but you can't beat the price!

==========

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/boa/1902054947.html

Unique Wake Boat - Free!

Approx. 17 foot, wood and fiberglass prototype boat designed to produce three nice waves for wake boarding and surfing. Supposedly it has been water tested. Boat came with the property and we need it gone asap! Bring a hoist and a trailer and it's yours!

3m13ob3l25V45Q65S6a8g5b7c1aa309de191a.jpg

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

==========

Unique Wake Boat - Free!

Approx. 17 foot, wood and fiberglass prototype boat designed to produce three nice waves for wake boarding and surfing. Supposedly it has been water tested. Boat came with the property and we need it gone asap! Bring a hoist and a trailer and it's yours!

way neat!!

my girlfriend was telling me she was on the lake the other day watching a boat very similar ..the boat made its own wake in a wake basically and the guy on the end of the ski rope just let go and he SURFED from side to side in the wakes of the boat!!!! the outer wakes made a wall against the innder wake the guy could go up and down on like a skate board half pike!!

bob

Isaacm1986

Lieutenant Junior Grade

==========

Unique Wake Boat - Free!

I want one! What a cool boat that would be!

eavega

Lieutenant

==========

Unique Wake Boat - Free!

Looks like Speed Racer's Mach 5.

Thad

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Looks like Speed Racer's Mach 5.

Put some wheels on it and you have a VW.:D

That would be pretty cool. Think of the heads you could turn with a nice paint job and an Evinrude E-tech on that thing.:rolleyes:

cwhite6

Petty Officer 1st Class

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/boa/1900957053.html
1982 higgs speed boat and trailer

Needs work

115chrysler that runs controls all there solid trailer

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Attachments

• 3m73od3la5Z05P45R0a8f995fcc5d186f1158.jpg
    3m73od3la5Z05P45R0a8f995fcc5d186f1158.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 3k43m83p75V05U05R4a8fbac0d2bbf53a1559.jpg
    3k43m83p75V05U05R4a8fbac0d2bbf53a1559.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 3kf3ob3pe5Q15W15R4a8ff23c76e684931d2e.jpg
    3kf3ob3pe5Q15W15R4a8ff23c76e684931d2e.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 3pa3of3lc5O15Z65X0a8f669f703891121d2a.jpg
    3pa3of3lc5O15Z65X0a8f669f703891121d2a.jpg