Anybody know about this boat?

salty87

Commander
Re: Anybody know about this boat?

no luck at wakeworld, huh? i saw your post

i looked at nadaguides.com and they indicate genmar was associated with the company from 90-93.

here's some data on a 21' medalist, looks like there's a 210 and 212 models:
http://www.nadaguides.com/default.a...&m=1567&y=1992&ml=S&gc=MR&gtc=MR&d=1600165289

you may or may not be able to get info from the current company. supra is the same sort of thing, different owners now but they don't have info from previous incarnations.

what sort of information are you looking for?

ss2828

Recruit

no luck anywhere. skisupreme.com shows the new boats and have not found info on the 1992

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Is this the one you bought?

http://www.lakeroadmarine.com/pre_o...4313X12K10K2008J4I40I10JPMQ3022R0&veh=1019592

Darn good looking boat. It should make for a hell of a good ski boat, decent wakeboard boat, and it will be nice to have something with the performance of a malibu or mastercraft, yet is somewhat more unique.

Ski supreme has made high quality tournament ski boats for years, but in recent years seems more devoted to wakeboard boats.

I think you got a gem.

ss2828

Recruit

Not that boat, but just like it. The one I bought is red and white. Needs TLC interior work and a engine. The exterior is very good (a little fadded) but will buff out. Very nice boat at one time, no info on the whole internet!

salty87

Commander

what info are you looking for? most companies that change ownership don't hang around to provide information. there's info out the wazoo on chevy engines and velvet drive trannys...

there's info on it, i posted a link to this:

Boats and Personal Watercraft
1992 SKI SUPREME/GENMAR IND
210 MEDALIST
Inboard Boats

Length: 21'
Model Name/Description: 210 MEDALIST
Boat Type: Inboard Boats
Hull Material: Fiberglass
Beam: 7' 6"
Engine: 1
260 HP
Gasoline
Net Weight: 2770

ss2828

Recruit

I guess the info I was looking for was from someone who had skied or wakeboarded or just used these boats for rec fun. (performance, top speed handling ect) I bought the boat with a seized engine, so no test drive. I've just bought a 350 engine out of a wrecked boat that is in very good condition. This will be my winter project. I will have pics soon if anybody wants to follow the rebuild.

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Have you ever ridden or driven a direct drive ski boat? If not, you are in for a treat if you boat on a relatively calm lake and will use it predominately for water sports.

They are great for skiing and towing. I am sure this boat will perform similar to a mastercraft or malibu skier from the same era.

Expect about 44 top speed depending on the prop, a boat that you can turn on a dime at full speed, no bow rise when staring, great hole shot, great visibility, and small skiing wake at speed, moderate wake when going slower. When I use to pull skiers at a ski school you would not believe the small turn around we would do with these types of boats at full speed. The first time you go into a turn be sure everyone is holding on!

Cons: expect a rough ride in choppy water and to be beaten up in rough water. Also, they sis with a low to water profile.

This the closest test I can find in the on line water ski magazine archive: http://www.waterskimag.com/article/Boats/Ski-Supreme-210-Medalist

You may try contacting them and seeing if they have any older than a 1999 reviews of the medalist that you can buy. They did test all tournament ski boats religiously back then. Maybe there is an old issue archive.

salty87

Commander

well said, sickwilly

you might get more replies if you cast a broader net, something like "90's ski supreme's"

there are ski supreme owners on wakeworld, don't know how popular your model was. it may have been short-lived with that name (medalist). they use the hull molds for as long as they can. they'll also sell molds to other companies or buy them from other companies. so, it could be that the boat/hull lived on under another model name.

there aren't too many inboard ski boater's on this site.