Where The H**l Is Global Warming When You Need It?

mphy98

Lieutenant
I just want to know as my boat sits outside in the snow, unable to be worked on, as it is snowing like a bat, WHERE IS THIS GLOBAL WARMING? The temps are down again this year so far by about 3* and again 2nd december in a row with colder than normal temps and above average snofall. I want to work on my boat! guess i will have to wait untill spring:(

mthieme

Captain
Re: Where The H**l Is Global Warming When You Need It?

It all has to do with gas prices.
I've been on a campaign telling everyone I can to let their car idle an extra hour in the driveway when they get home.

Rogue427

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ask Al Gore:eek::D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Global Warming (GW??) has gone south for the winter, MPHY. She will be back in the Spring.

Burlington, huh? Great town. Love it there in the Summer (both weeks).

levittownnick

Senior Chief Petty Officer

That has something to do with Al Gore and Non Sequitur! Or something like that.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Global Warming (GW??) has gone south for the winter, MPHY. She will be back in the Spring.

Burlington, huh? Great town. Love it there in the Summer (both weeks).

I thought Burlington only had 2 seasons, winter and mosquito. :confused::confused:

nlain

Commander

It is cloudy and 77 degrees in Midway Ga right now. Sure wish I was not at work. :D

oops!

Supreme Mariner

our ski hill just opened.

thats a good thing for skiers....
but if your a boater....that means all hope is right out the window for 6 months

mthieme

Captain

Hmmm.
I'm envisioning yet another use for a (jon) boat....downhill boat skiing.
just keep the anchor handy.
You could start a trend.:)

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Our local ski slope "Snow Trails" is now open. They said it is the first time in their history of opening this early. The manager of the place said if this is what GW does,,,,,,,,he hopes for more of it:D

As I have said before. I'll only believe it when people move north to get out of the hot south. Meanwhile, I'll keep my snow shovel handy :D

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

I'll let you know if it gets to hot to boat. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

mthieme

Captain

Our local ski slope "Snow Trails" is now open. They said it is the first time in their history of opening this early. The manager of the place said if this is what GW does,,,,,,,,he hopes for more of it:D

You have hills in Ohio ????? (only been across I-80 - flat as a pancake).

I was thinking of you this morning when the house was only 66 degrees.
The pilot was out on the furnace. Relit it. Had a funny shape. knocked a piece of carbon off the tip. Relit it again. Looked good. Checked later. No flame.
Guess it's time to switch tanks.:D One was already empty. The other should be. Fuel always helps.

ebry710

Ensign

It was 32 degrees this morning and my van windows were frozen. Got up to 55 degrees.

Costco gas is at $1.65/gal.

Santa Rosa, Ca

SgtMaj

Lieutenant Commander

I just want to know as my boat sits outside in the snow, unable to be worked on, as it is snowing like a bat, WHERE IS THIS GLOBAL WARMING? The temps are down again this year so far by about 3* and again 2nd december in a row with colder than normal temps and above average snofall. I want to work on my boat! guess i will have to wait untill spring:(

This IS the effect of global warming. Look, when you have a larger temperature difference between the poles and equator, the winds between them are stronger, which blows cold air down from the arctic at a faster rate which makes you feel colder, even though the poles and equator are both a little warmer as a result. Every singe climate change model is showing this. I realize it's complicated, but that's why we have the worlds biggest and fastest super-computers doing the calculations.

PS - don't wait for spring to come either, because both Spring and Fall are the first casualties of global warming. Then maybe the polar bears... arctic foxes, etc... it kinda snowballs from there (pardon the pun).

jcsercsa

Captain

Well here they opened the ski slope last week , 40 mile north of us got 13 inchs of snow yesterday !! we got 1/2 inch here !!!!!!!!!!!! lol at this rate were on track to break the record snow fall this year , 89 inchs !!! John

Ps gas was 1.29 here yesterday !!!

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

It's 53 here in VT right now! Pouring rain..... :( Gas is holding steady at $1.89 for the cheap stuff and on the sale days it goes down to $1.79. :(

ebry710

Ensign

Well here they opened the ski slope last week , 40 mile north of us got 13 inchs of snow yesterday !! we got 1/2 inch here !!!!!!!!!!!! lol at this rate were on track to break the record snow fall this year , 89 inchs !!! John

I think Tahoe is making artificial snow. Hasn't rain enough here in California to make snow in the Sierra's.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

we are at 80 today, but will pay for it tonight and tomorrow, rough weather on the way, thunderstorms, possible tornadoes.

salty87

Commander

snow and sleet in austin, tx last night.

we went from 80 in the afternoon to 35 by 8pm.

you northerners need to keep this crap up there!

bekosh

Lieutenant

This IS the effect of global warming. Look, when you have a larger temperature difference between the poles and equator, the winds between them are stronger, which blows cold air down from the arctic at a faster rate which makes you feel colder, even though the poles and equator are both a little warmer as a result. Every singe climate change model is showing this. I realize it's complicated, but that's why we have the worlds biggest and fastest super-computers doing the calculations.
So the effect of global warming is colder winters and cooler summers?
But wouldn't that be called global cooling??:rolleyes:

Would those be the same super-computers that, when you put in current climate condintions and run the model backwards, can't recreate the historical climate?