James Bond 007 Glastron GT150 Restoration

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Re: James Bond 007 Glastron GT150 Restoration

That's pretty neat! Your boat looks to be in good shape other than the vinyl. How's the deck, stringers and transom? Are you going to have to cut into it?

oops!

Supreme Mariner

ditto......

cool site

mthieme

Captain

Third one I've seen this year.
The other two were already restored.
Nice boat.

adwjr

Cadet

Thanks for the replys guys. I hope to have it ready by July. The floor is completely gutted now and will rebuild the stringers and transom.

The fiberglass is in good shape but needs some work. The boat will be repainted but Ill keep the origional colors I want to rebuild the movie boat minus the centered steering

JaSla74

Chief Petty Officer

Looks sweet. I'd equip an ejection seat with a shoot should you attempt any jumps

D

DJ

"Ten fingers on the fender". "I'm sure this is not your "debut" at this type of thing."

One of my all time favorite movies.

Very cool boat, way ahead of its time and STILL looks awesome today.

adwjr

Cadet

Thanks guys I look forward to finishing this I sent out letters to all the suppliers I need parts from asking them to help donate stuff I figured why not try. I actually had one of them call me back and sell me thier stuff at cost! I was very excited Ill save about 40% They are going to do some custom gauges for the boat with Bond graphics.

bucrebuild

Cadet

That is the neatest thing. I have always loved that movie and think that this restore will be great. Keep up the pictures. :):):):):)

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

You're really going to need to find a 135 for it though :)

adwjr

Cadet

I just found a '73 Evinrude Starfire 135hp outboard. I am hoping its in good shape Im going to look at it tomorrow. We will see.

SystemF

Petty Officer 3rd Class

To think I sold a boat a couple of years ago with a 1973 135hp rude :( If you are interested I can get you info. on the marina I sold the boat to.

D

DJ

That engine (we had two of them) did NOT like to idle, (Johnson 9.9 doing the yeomans work) it would go like a "Bat out of He!!", when pushed. The '85' (similar) was a very docile engine. At (1973-standards) was 96.9.--???" cid as opposed to 99.6 cid?. The 99.6" cid block continued for umpteen years. As a testament as to countless numbers of OMC V-4's, still in service. The "underutilized" '85' is one of the best engines (marine)-EVER produced. We had a a couple of those. "Wonderful". Bulletproof.

The 99.6 " block was pushed-hard and delivered, for the most part. No issues with those either. A couple of head gaskets, but that's about it. Thirsty-YES. Performance/reliability-YES. Those engines got us out of many a bad situation on the Great Lakes. Storms as powerful, as anything the Atlantic or Pacific can muster.:eek:

I think 135 HP was a VERY conservative rating. Overdone on OMC's part but won many a race. A testament to the power of a V-4 (OMC invention). Yamaha won that race. Reverse engineering and what not. More money, more patience. Another story. A sad one.:(

I would love to see this project come together, especially with a "73-Evin." '135' Pushing her. It will be a "hot rod". No DOUBT. It will outrun almost anything out there-today. Perfect hull, great engine. The "Perfect Storm".

The TNT (tilt and trim kits) for those engines were rare and somewhat troublesome/complex. But they worked OK if you kept everything-"ship shape". SLOW for sure, but effective. We had four to deal with. Keep the contacts clean, and they'll do OK.

I remember those systems. Please keep me informed.

As stated, I'd love to see this project come to fruition. Your fan-DJ.

adwjr

Cadet

I went to check out that 135 I found the other day but the engine needed lots of work and had a crack in the engine case it didnt look like an easy repair. I will keep looking and hope to find a 135 in better condition.

It was cool to see the 1973 Evinrude Starfire 135 though wish it had a bit more potential and I would have bought it.

Any help in finding this engine is welcome. For now I wait out my snowstorm in boston and paint my emblems lol

D

DJ

135 Evin.

Just find a hood. Try: www.tcoutboard.com

THat hood will fit many different model years and HP ranges, as long as they are all V-4's.

adwjr

Cadet

Thanks Ill try them good idea! have a very Merry Christmas everyone!

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

OK, How about the lines "My brother-in-law Billy-Bob will catch him, he has the fastest boat on the river", spoken by the sheriff. And the policeman said (after the bad guys didn't make the jump and crashed into the police car) "Don't you know, that is one of them there new boat-cars".

adwjr

Cadet

The second boat that crashed into the cop car was a mistake. It missed the ramp and impaled the cop car (they left it in the movie).

Billy Bobs boat was actually a CV23 Jet boat and was never recorded after the movie (probably destroyed)

You gotta love this boat whats not to like?

adwjr

Cadet

Trying to get more pics up this week. Go Patriots !